“Good food, pricey”

Le Classico
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian and mediterranean inspired dishes, all freshly prepared to order. We have something to suit every taste and can cater to special requirements. Our extensive wine list wonderfully compliments the wide selction of dishes on our carefully designed menu. Call in for a pleasurable dining experience during your stay on koh samui and soak in the ambience of this beautiful island while our friendly staff will be only too happy to help make your visit a memorable one
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We happened upon Classico when we noticed that Wednesday night is “Lobster Night” with Lobster being served in just about every way possible with a slight discount off the usual menu prices. Since my rather expensive wife has picked up this expensive Lobster habit there was no way we were escaping this one.

Classico Restaurant seems to have a kind of Italian theme and it makes for a very pretty setting with a great balcony area above the beach. I also noticed Classico has an extensive wine list in the menu and a special wine list on the wall. Good wine is hard to find in Thailand and we had a decent bottle on both occasions in here. Pricey all the same but it was a nice break from beer.

I had a mixed bread starter consisting of three slices of crusty bread with toppings. All 3 were nice but didnt really carry much to justify the price.

Anyway for mains a very large lobster was placed in front of my wife. It was excellent, fresh and the sauce was perfect. My spaghetti was pretty decent as well.

We came back the following Wednesday and largely had the same again. The lobster was a bit smaller the second time but then again they are all different sizes.

Be prepared for the bill as its not a cheap place to eat and drink in at all

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Amazing food, service and value. If you visit Koh Samui this place is a must on your list of places to eat. Fishermans village is full of quality restaurants but this one is easily the best. Abi, the hostess makes you feel welcome and is a credit to the business. We live on Samui and visit Classico for special occasions! We will carry on going back throughout our time on Samui!

2  Thank Kevscott
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a number of friends on Koh Samui suggest to me that I should try Classico Restaurant, in Bophut/Fisherman's Village. So we went tonight and had a wonderful meal. I have to say the shrimp cocktail we ordered was one of the more beautifully presented shrimp cocktails we have ever eaten. My girlfriends scallop appetizer was wonderful, and was my mixed fish combination (three fish----favorite was the tuna---really good).

Classico is directly on the water in Fisherman's Village (beautiful view over the deck) ----with an elaborate menu that makes you want to try everything they serve.

We'll be back.

1  Thank WorldTravelerAsia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice italian restaurant in bophut, fisherman village. If you are tired of thai food go to this place. We ordered pasta and potatos with tomato sauce it was nice but the wine is so expensive. The only problem is that it tooks them 30 min to service the food although the restaurent was empty so the staff should be faster thank you

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very good Italian cuisinne, nice atmosphere, great selection of wines. On Wednesdays there is a special lobster menu, not to be missed!

Sea view without being on the beach.

1  Thank Chris_z37