“Great instructor”
Review of The Yogarden

The Yogarden
Ranked #1 of 54 Spas & Wellness in Bophut
Reviewed 28 May 2013

After reading reviews on trip advisor we decided to try a Pilates class. We were staying on the other side of the island so hired scooters and drove there before the class.
We own a gym and were looking a introducing Pilates back in our club so found this class very useful. We found the price a little expensive for a casual class $500 baht per casual BUT fully understand that they are encouraging cheaper membership options and did not object to paying the $$. The instructor (sorry cant remember his name - a french guy i think) made us feel very welcome and taught all the participants at individual levels. We have not done Pilates for the past 9years and it was nice to have challenge. His anatomy knowledge was fantastic and we appreciated the explanation and technique ques that were given. If we were staying longer we would have no hesitation to hire him for a one on one training session. We had 2 ladies with us that have no flexibility and have never tried Pilates and they really enjoyed it and would definitely try it again. Nice cold towels were available after class - what a great simple touch. We stayed for a meal as the menu looked amazing. We each ordered different salads and juices DEVINE! My favourite was the blue cheese salad and yogurt and mint smoothie. Outstanding friendly place with sensational food. Infant it was so good we changed our plans on the day we were flying out to make another class and meal. Great experience would definitely return.

1  Thank Baha11
"yoga place"
in 5 reviews
"fisherman's village"
in 23 reviews
"beautiful and peaceful place"
in 3 reviews
in 3 reviews
"thai massage"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stumbled upon this place almost by accident and decided to have lunch there. The coconut juice was the best we've had in Thailand and we also had a smoothie, rice paper rolls and a veggie pad Thai. All were delicious and served overlooking the beautiful gardens. Highly recommend!

3  Thank Simmo51
Reviewed 31 March 2013

It was great being here... very nice and quit and Bonnie is so helpfull. I came in a period of mij life i will call soulsearching and to ease mij mind. The yogagarden is perfect place te be and ease your mind, the yogagarden is place where i came with much pleasure. The yogalessons are very good and the teachers are nice and for me als a beginner that was very good. Fore one week twice a day i practiced for the first time in my life yoga and the people from yogarden were nice and understanding to me. I recommand this place if you wanna do yoga on Koh Sam Hui.

2  Thank Joohie J
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The house and the garden is beautiful, but as the people are those who makes the great atmosphere here, I wish I could meet every day such great, friendly and professional people as I did in Yogarden... I would reccommnend this place to everybody. It is inspiring and peaceful. My two kids loved the visits very much, as there is great playroom, too.

1  Thank Marcela H
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2013

After a while of "wholesome" holiday spending, we decided to add a bit of guilt management/damage control to our otherwise lazy and unhealthy agenda. We wanted to do something we could do as a couple and something we wouldn't otherwise do back home and we ended up driving to the Yogarden in Fishermen's Village for a pilates class.
The place was tranquil, beautiful and rather homely. The garden was lovely and the old thai house was very charming.
We were both absolute beginners, but the instructor made us feel welcome and less pathetic at pilates than we actually were. At the end of class, I was complete drenched and able to do all sorts of "hippie-esque" positions with the ball, which i never thought possible. It was a ton of fun, even though I walked funny (creepy) for 2 days from sore muscles...
After class, we had some sort of healthy shakes, which were surprisingly unhorrible (Tip: Hot coffee isn't a great choice after a workout).
We went several times and we'll definitely revisit next time we're on Samui!

Jannik & Neel, Denmark