“Absolutely wonderful!”
Review of The Yogarden

The Yogarden
Ranked #3 of 47 Spas & Wellness in Bophut
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I were in Bophut Bay in October 2013 and Bonnie (the owner of Yogarden) was good enough to put together a “stay and stretch” package for our 6 day stay. We participated in 7 yoga classes during the week ranging from Iyengar to Ashtanga and enjoyed several delicious meals at the Yogarden café. Mot, the wonderful resident travel planner, helped us arrange a catamaran cruise, mountain side birthday dinner at the Jungle Club, and several shuttles and taxi rides to various island attractions. She was truly amazing! The yoga classes were excellent! We benefited from it being low (monsoon) season in Samui so the classes were well attended but not crowded, which made the sessions feel more personal. Special thanks to Etain, Serge, and Ampinee who guided us through the classes with excellent teaching techniques, clear explanations, and personal warmth. I would expect the other teachers are of equally high caliber.
We enjoyed a thai oil massage which was super relaxing and much better than any of the other massages we received in Samui. I’d highly recommend the café for any meal – the food is prepared with love using fresh ingredients. We devoured several salads and smoothies during the week and were never disappointed!
The location is very tranquil, set back from the main roads but within walking distance from most of the Bophut hotels. Bonnie and her husband have done a wonderful job restoring the old property – it is truly a beautiful space.
Bonnie and her staff spoiled us all week and we cannot rave enough about how positive our Yogarden experience was. Thanks again Bonnie – we can’t wait until our next trip to Samui!

4  Thank sbrown10

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was so glad to find a decent yoga studio close to my resort and this is truly a garden of Eden for yoga enthusiasts. The classes I attended all had die hard yoga junkies in it, but beginners do not be put off by this - there are beginner classes, plus the teachers will guide you through any fears. The classes are held on a concrete floor (plus a mat) which took a little getting used to, but by the end of the class you are so relaxed (or exhausted), you don't care. The atmosphere is the key to this place - the quiet/meditation times were absolutely tranquil.
Be sure to visit the cafe after your session - friendly service and healthilicious smoothies!
Thank you and namaste yogarden teachers - it was a beautiful experience.

2  Thank LauraTheNaturopath
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This beautiful retreat is amazing for everybody interested in yoga, but also in simply having a nice, relaxing experience. I really liked the fact that is also suitable for yoga beginners, not only for experienced ones, because it was my first time doing it. The settings here are absolutely awesome, and they inspire calm and serenity. You can also enjoy a great meal here because the food is very tasty, and I personally really liked the tea they served. The Yogarden really is a wonderful spot to help you relax, and have a delightful time.

1  Thank Jiya X
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place is a little oasis. All teachers are wonderful as is the owner (who teaches as well). The food is absolutely fantastic. It's a very safe and tranquil place and it would be fine if you wanted to bring children along. Classes are run from early morning through to the evening with a wide variety of styles.

1  Thank janetThailand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It was my first time in Thailand and we really tried to make the most of the 3-day trip that we had. It was this down-to-earth type of cafe with a very relaxing and calm setting that eased our aches from the travels that we had. We came here on our third day and it was an amazing cap to our Thailand vacation. We had this trial type of session and although it wasn't our first time to do Yoga, it felt different with the approach that the coach had. It was such a marvelous experience, especially because of the food that was carefully chosen to aid the spiritual process that the Yogarden likes to capture. A fantastic environment and a great experience in total.

1  Thank Fredrick_B_Fred