“Basic accommodation in average location.”

Replay Residence and Pool Villa
Ranked #98 of 222 Speciality Lodging in Bophut
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Basic accommodation in average location.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was a one stop before we departed for Koh Phangan.
The check in process was not simple, even though there were several members of staff. It was evident that little training had taken place as staff members struggled to manage the check in process in a smooth fashion.
Information provided from staff on the resort and surrounding area was poor, which meant we needed to carry out more research before we ventured out for the evening.
The room itself was adequate, however the view of the building site next door, coupled with noise wasn't the best. Luckily the noise stopped after 6pm!
I used the gym before check out the following morning, and this was adequate with lots of machines and free weight areas.
The accommodation has a shop and ATM next door which is convenient, and on a Friday evening there is a market just 2 minutes taxi ride away which will cost 100 baht per person - well worth a visit!
All in all, ok for one evening, but no longer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was there for five days. No one helps you with the luggage (and we had a lot), the lifts are a joke (you have to go upstairs before using the lift) and the room was dirty when we entered it (fridge, floor, bench, empty bottles in cupboard).
Room service was okay, but they throw all paper away they can find, even if you still need it. They reorganize all your stuff, I hate it when housekeeping touches my things.
Our safe didn't work at the beginning, at least they made it work.
Tennis field and table tennis not usable as they do not have rackets (it was the main reason we booked that stupid hotel).
You had the feeling the staff is making fun of you, all in all they were relatively unfriendly, I'm used to something better in Thailand.
In the end, why the hotel has such a bad rating from me: I'm missing a shirt and a handbag. I locked my suitcase every day, except of one and things are gone. Lucky for the hotel I realized it a few days later. I just called them and asked for leftovers, the woman on the phone said she has to ask housekeeping asked me what is missing. I just wanted to tell her when she said 'No no housekeeping didn't report anything'.
I wasn't happy with the hotel, the internet didn't work very well, too. I wouldn't gone there again, especially after some of my stuff 'disappeared'.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank BiancaBro

Travellers are raving about these Bophut hotels

Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently spent over a week here before moving to a hotel in Chaweng. For £12 a night you can't really fault the place but being so isolated the cost in taxi's and renting a scooter soon adds up. The build quality of the entire complex is pretty poor. The furniture and fittings in the rooms are really cheap. The shower is really cheap and the water pressure in the shower and sink is far too weak. No smell ever from the drains in my room (210 Block A). The shower drain in my friends room never drained properly so would flood the bathroom each time he showered (203 Block A), no issue with mine. Lack of tv channels and thin curtains letting the sun pour in in the mornings need addressed. Internet always worked fine for me and could even download films quite quickly.

Pool area is excellent and gets sun all day - lack of sun loungers though. Gym is ok for the treadmills. Sauna was good. Steam room never got any steam. Jacuzzi had no water in it. Good tennis court. Good security. Restaurant was average- overpriced and always empty. 24 hour Family Mart next door is handy.

For a chilled week this place is fine but if you are looking to head in to Chaweng most nights then better to stay there. If you plan on hiring a car for your entire trip then this place is fine.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room and one with frosted glass in the bathroom (210 in Block A has both)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank djorkaeff1903
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Replay for 2 months in total and we really enjoyed our stay.

We stayed in 4 different rooms (due to the way we booked nothing to do with Replay), the first night we were in block A in a large suite with bath tub which was really nice and spacious. There was even a washing machine which is always useful for longer stays. The bedroom was separated from the living room with sliding doors and there was a decent size kitchen.

The next room which was also in block A was smaller but had everything we needed, the house keeping staff cleaned the room everyday, changed the sheets regularly and it was spotless. The only negative point was the smell from the kitchen sink but it wasn't unbearable and not uncommon in Thailand.

The next room was in block C, this had a few extras such as table & chairs to go on the balcony which the other rooms didn't have. Unfortunately I think it must have been a different house keeping team because the cleanliness was very poor.

The final room was in block B and it overlooked the pool which made such a huge difference to the feel of the apartment. The others were at the rear facing a building site, we could actually even see the sea from our third floor room which was lovely. Again the house keeping didn't seem as good as in block A but there was no sewage smell so that was a bonus.

Every room we stayed in had a window in the bathroom as well as glass sliding doors, in one of the rooms these were frosted which gave a bit more privacy but the others were plain glass - not exactly ideal, I cant imagine anyone would want to be seen on the toilet!!?

Some of the staff are very friendly and Honey (the Manager) was very accommodating and helpful.

We chose this place because it has gym facilities, the equipment isn't the best but the basics are there and the pool is great for swimming lengths.

The beach in this area was disappointing, very dirty with lots of litter and not fit for swimming or sunbathing however the beach does get better if you walk 10 mins in either direction.

The free shuttle to Chaweng is really useful and we used Replay's taxi service to go to Lamai which is also worth visiting.

The location wasn't an issue for us at all, in fact we really enjoyed walking to and from Fisherman's Village. The market on Friday nights is great!!!

The restaurant serves good food it just lacks atmosphere, and although its cheaper than some places in Bophut there are some much cheaper restaurants nearby (Lae Lay, The Hut).

If you need to get laundry done go to Lucky which is just before you get to Fishermans Village (opposite the school) there is the sweetest lady who charges next to nothing and has it done for the next day.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place and if I were to visit Samui again I would choose to stay here.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room facing the pool - the view is better and you can sit out on the balcony durin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JRH81
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

At 600 baht/n it was great value for money. But the location was quite isolated. You had to walk 2 miles along a road with no sidewalk or lighting to get to ANYTHING (other than the on site resturant or food mart next door. Taking cabs/shuttles everywhere adds up quick.
The facilities were great, Modern and classy, good bed, in room safe, huge pool, swim up bar, fitness and sauna. The only complaint we had other than the location is the room cleanliness. The little rug in the room had long black hairs all over it (I'm blonde) and our sheets were stained. Also there was a half used bottle of shampoo in the shower and a glass door to the bathroom, which was strange, but would be fine if you are traveling alone, (We are a young couple). The staff was nice, friendly and accommodating.
If you are planning on renting transport, replay is a great option, but not if your hoping to walk places.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter L
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed there for 3 days; the price is considerably cheap and high in value. The hotel comes with various facilities such as Gym, Jacuzzi, and Sauna and steam room. I personally love the designed swimming pool. Room is clean. However, the room cleaning service is not really great, not all the rubbish are thrown. And the sink come or drainage has some smell. One of my colleagues even lost one package of “dodol” she place in the hotel room. Besides, the replacement of shampoo is not done. And there is always run out of tower for steam room. However, with this price, we should not complaint much, we know it.

Room Tip: choose the pool view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeaQubed
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 2 nights in May 2014. We found a ridiculous deal online and decided to take advantage of it and have a nice break from staying in guesthouses and hostels.

Firstly, this hotel did have some good points:
- the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with our travel company that resulted in us missing the ferry to Koh Samui on the night that we had originally booked. The hotel agreed to hold our booking over to the next night. They also upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite upon check in for the first night
- the restaurant was reasonably priced compared to places in Fishermen's Village and the food was quite good
- the pool area was extremely clean and well maintained
- the resort was only a 15 minute walk to Fishermen's Village

The issues we encountered:
- the housekeeping in this hotel was awful. We have stayed in many Guesthouses in SE Asia that were far cleaner. There was filth caked along the entire bottom of the bathtub, the sheets were stained, there was coffee(?) stains on the wall next to the bed and the floor by the kitchenette, etc.
- as other reviews have stated, there is a terrible sewage smell from the kitchen sink.

The second night we were moved to the studio suite as booked and this was a bit cleaner, but still had a very stinky sink (I'm not sure why a studio suite needs a kitchen sink..). There was also no towel rack which seemed odd as there was ample space for one. The fridge also smelt quite off in this room as well.

Overall, the first appearance of this resort was beautiful and the restaurant and pool area was nice, but this hotel lost serious points on cleanliness.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike_Amanda2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
The Baiyoke Seacoast Resort
#50 of 83 in Maret
Lawana Resort
Lawana Resort
#73 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Replay Residence and Pool Villa? Share your experiences!