We stayed here in June 2009 on our honeymoon on two occasions. We had initially booked into a different resort on Koh Samui, but were not happy with the original hotel we had booked - so we went and inspected a number of different resorts on Chaweng beach and found Le Paradis by far the best.
We stayed in a Contemporary-style villa on both occasions, the first time for 4 nights, then on returning from the adjacent islands, stayed again in a different contemporary room for another 5 nights.
We absolutely loved our stay at Le Paradis - it was the perfect honeymoon.
1. Service - very good & impressive - while some staff struggled with English, they all went out of their way to help us at all times.
2. Our contemporary villa was amazing! We had also inspected the traditional "Thai-style" villa, but preferred the contemporary style as it was bigger & more modern. The rooms were spotlessly clean, including twice-daily cleaning with new towels morning & night. We loved the outdoor bathroom - yes, there was the occasional mosquito, but they were pretty minimal & once we asked for a mosquito coil we received about 2 a day for the rest of our stay. Having a DVD player was also great. Modern in-room safe, comfortable bed, etc.
3. Location - perfect - on the best part of Chaweng beach with lots of action close by, but when you were in the resort itself you felt miles from the hustle & bustle. The resort is not in the absolute middle of the sleazy, backpacker part of Chaweng beach, but was a short 10-minute walk to this if that's what you're after. Cheap Family Mart across the road. Beautiful white-sand beach with turquoise-blue water. Amazing, cheap massage palour right out the front.
4. Amenities - infinity pool was beautiful, overlooking the beach (spent hours lying about here!); restaurant had great food & was right on the beach also; free internet & DVD/book library;
Overall a great holiday at a great resort. Unfortunately it is closing in October 2009 to be completely renovated - we think it is just perfect the way it is & worry it will become like all the other more "hotel-style" resorts, but we'll have to see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step through the ornate doors into a haven of tranquility in the heart of Chaweng beach. Twelve of our twenty-six rooms are traditional Thai teak houses from Ayudhaya, mounted on stills. This is the closest you will find to a country house hotel in Koh Samui. Fully equipped modern rooms and bathrooms set inside historic buildings. Our sixteen new contemporary Thai Style cottages are slightly larger than the traditional rooms with partly open-air bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Le Paradis Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Paradis Boutique Resort And Spa
- Le Paradis Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Princess Village
- Le Paradis Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut