“No scams! What more do you want?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orange Wave Watersports

Orange Wave Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Jet ski for rentals jet ski safari parasailing speed boat tours towables fly board waterski and wakeboard stand up paddle board
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No scams! What more do you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were not going to use a jet ski because of the prevalence of scams targeting tourists (suggest you google jet ski mafia if you haven't heard of this). However, following recommendation from Samui Treking, we decided to use Orange wave. You do need to read the terms of the contract you sign carefully as quite rightly, they would charge for damage but they clearly state the costs associated with each such event and they appear fair. If you can't accept this sort of risk, I'd suggest hiring a jetski in a western country with full insurance rather than out here.

They were very friendly, happy for me to thoroughly inspect the jet ski before use and even pointed out all of the existing damage as I was going. I can't imagine the same could be said of the people who are out to con you.

We hired the more powerful 1800cc machine and it was fantastic fun. They wave a big orange flag at the end of your time. The jetski is equiped with a kill-switch lanyard, life jackets provided and the area for jetskiing is very generous. The explanation of the jetski area is clear both verbally and on a large sign.

We couldn't fault them, if you want an above board jetski experience on Koh Samui, Orange Wave seems the right people to give you this.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank WestDevonCouple

Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun/No scams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hired 3 jet skis and all are well serviced and in good operating condition - decent people running the show and no scams.
Were put onto them by the Samui Boat Charter people next door (who were also very good - great charters and reasonable price), who recommended them as above board, safe & reliable/trustworthy - and they were.
Would strongly recommend them if jet skiing is what you want while on Koh Samui.

Visited May 2014
Manama, Bahrain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“They've got Flyboard !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

A friend of mine was in Chaweng last year and noticed that Flyboard was available. A check on the internet showed that Flyboard was available in Lamai. Just as I was about to hire a scooter to travel down to Lamai we decided to walk along the beach from The Waterfront in Bophut. Blow me, if Orange Watersports didn't have a Flyboard kit. Just what I was looking for and I didn't have to trawl all the way to Chaweng or Lamai.

So, I pays my money and has a go. The instruction, I must admit was virtually nil. That being said, I do have a reasonable sense of balance and after watching a few videos on YouTube I rather figured it out for myself. I didn't get the name of the guy operating the jetski side of the thing, but he was patient and I soon found myself ten feet above the water wobbling around. Great Fun! Falling over backwards is more complicated than falling forwards because you have the long hose to get around. Falling forward means you can easily maneuver into the position ready to start again.

Total cost was 2,000 baht for 15 minutes and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Will have to do it again sometime.

Visited April 2014
“Excellent and no scams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Rented there 2 jetskiis for 20min, they had very good service and good jetskiis and you do not have to worry about any scam with these guys.

Visited April 2014