The Tongsai Bay
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$137
Amari.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$114
OZOHotels.com
Bandara Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$88
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$74
Trip.com
  • Pool
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$242
Agoda.com
Baan Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
Agoda.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$133
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$228
Sea Dance Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$116
2,017 results
All reviewscottage suitehalf moonpo ladgrand villaprivate beachchef chomsseafront cottageprana spaour honeymoonbeach bistrothe cottagesoutdoor bathkoh samuifresh fruitgolf buggiesthai restaurantsplit level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Me my husband and another couple stay in Tongsai for a week from Sep. 22,2013.
when I endered the property it was a wow, gorgeous view of the bay strait in your eyes. When I entered the room, I was abit disapointed since the hotel is a bit dated when it come to furnishing and amenities. However after one day of stay all was clouded by this beatiful property with 100% private beach and pleasant water that makes it hard for you to get out of them. I did change my room to a vila which was amazing and worth the extra bucks to pay. Serve througout hotel is excellent, food is tasty and reasonably priced.While visiting Ko Samui i made it my business to check other properties i considerd, and was most satisfied with my choice. I find Tongsai Bay to be one of the best resort on the island with a top location while staying away from the Havoc of the o 2 close towns of Chaweng and Buput. I highly recomend this property that I will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: try for the villa. worth the extra money. if not beachfron cottage are good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miratvl
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had an absolute pleasure of staying at The Tongsai Bay. We stayed in a Beachfront suite. The room is simple but functional having everything that you need spacious , well maintainanced and very clean. The view from balcony is spectacular. Staffs are incredibly friendly and helpful with their honest smile on their faces all the time. The food was great. Excellent in all respect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jidabhas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Loved everything about Tongsai Bay.
The beachfront suite room was excellent. There is even ice in the ice bucket, never seen that before.
The staff were always smiling and friendly and helpful
The views were fantastic and the service was great.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Darryl A
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel on our trip to Thailand, and we had an absolutely wonderful experience. I believe that the best thing about it is the fact that is has a private location, and that you can enjoy an amazing view over the island. Everything about our stay was highly comfortable and accommodating, and the service here is absolutely impeccable. The cottage that we booked was also beautifully decorated and clean, and it had a cozy vibe to it. I really have no bad words to say about this amazing place, and I hope I will have the opportunity to come back here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Audrey_Deal
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have to say that upon our arrival we were really quite disappointed especially with our accommodation. The accommodation (in our view) was probably 5 star 25 years ago but not now and not given the very high standards offered by other hotels we have stayed in. Room was gloomy, dated, had poor lighting and, as we discovered that night , a very noisy a/c unit. Bathroom or rather the shower could have done with a good clean too. I've never understood those reviewers who post photographs of 'faults' which they find but I actually found myself taking photographs on this occasion to do exactly that but won't post them for reasons which will hopefully become evident later in the review. We did advise the reception team and our rep of our disappointment and despite a promise to relocate us no alternative was offered so we decided to put it behind us and 'make do'. Having done so we quickly warmed to the Tongsai Bay and left at the end of our two weeks having had a great holiday. So what turned this one around ? Quite simply the staff who are absolutely wonderful. From reception to restaurant, the buggy boys to beach - staff everyone was so wonderfully cheery, happy and couldn't enough to please you. The food too is excellent. Beautifully prepared, presented and great tasting. Somehow the team here have found the right line between being too in your face to being on hand for your every need. They've also achieved a good balance by having buffet nights, cocktail receptions, occasional entertainment and Friday night film nights where you can watch a movie on the beach, under the stars all of which keep you within the hotel and a very relaxed attitude when you choose to go out to any one of the nearby towns and villages which you really should take advantage of if only for the incredible value and quality offered by local bars and restaurants.

So ignoring if you can the dated nature of the accommodation which we did, you should enjoy a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple