This hotel is quite beautiful. Set amidst the lush greenery, our sea view villa was beautiful. Room 206 to be exact which had an amazing panoramic view of the water and was a short walk to the spa and beach. It was also very quiet which we appreciated.
Although the room and patio were both lovely, the amenities lacked a little luster. The shower did not drain, actually it did drain but verrrry slowly. So we were always standing in 2 inches of dirty water while showering...not ideal. The shampoo, bath gel and hand soap were never refilled so on our last day we were out of both bath gel and hand soap and we were only there for 2 days. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable at all, but we have been spoiled this whole vacation- so we survived. Those are my only gripes and despite the complaints everything else was great.
It rained one day so we decided to try the spa which was awesome. it was such a beautiful oasis. Decent prices for a resort and the staff members were very friendly. After our massage we took a nap and we were too lazy to go to dinner so we ordered room service. We loved it! It was quick and tasty. I had the farfalle pasta with sun dried tomatoes which was superb and my hubby had the pad Thai which he was pleased with as well. We topped it off with Tiramisu and a bottle of wine....who knew eating in could be so fun!?
We rented mountain bikes for a day, only 200 baht per day per bike, and they were brand new Trek bikes. We road to the big Buddha and had lunch in town at BBC. It was a nice ride, but not easy.
The beach is private and very quiet but very rocky so we didn't spend much time there.
There were a few things that could have been better but we still enjoyed our stay at Tongsai Bay and would likely recommend to a friend staying on Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut