We spent our Honeymoon at the Tongsai in mid march, IT WAS PERFECT.
things one needs to know prior to going;
1; tongsai bay like its name states is a group of cottages and villas so expect to be doing a bit of walking to and from your room/villa and up and down the hill.
2: this is NOT a brand new marble clad hotel, so if thats what you want go to the hilton.
with those two thing in mind we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, that please has a very calm and private ambiance and the walk from our room (211) up on the cliff top over looking the bay and islands was great. We loved the 4 post bed with daily greetings written on the covers in pedals by the staff and a sizable balcony with a couple of ly-low lounges and a bath .... whats not to like.
both pools on the facility are well kept and nicely separated by kids and non-kids for those who just want to unwind.
i've actually got too much to say about the beach bar and restaurant and the main restaurant so im just going to give them both a 9/10 and the EXTREMELY friendly staff 10/10. oh and definitely remember to hit the beach bar for twice nightly happy hours ahhh bliss.
we did a cooking class too, which was much better than we expected, and we expected it to be great. not only did we make a 5 course meal, for two people, after not being able to eat it all the kitchen staff stored the meals and re-delivered them with fresh rice etc etc to our room that night.
6 nights in the resort felt like 2-3 weeks i would recommend it to anyone wanting a romantic get away or relaxing retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems and Travelbag so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut