Just got back from Tongsai bay after a wonderful honeymoon. Will run over a few points,
The food was amazing, breakfast a a large choice everything from pancakes, yogurts, bacon, egg, sausage to noodle soup. The lunch that could be had was also lovely, something as a simple sandwich turned out to be lovely. The dinners that we had ranged from the buffet meals, which were very well stocked and tasted lovely. We used to butlers tapas resturant as well and again highly recomended. We unfortunatly didnt use chef chows thai resturant so we cant comment on the service level there. Also with room service we didnt use. The only bad part of eating at this hotel is the fact there are no areas to sit in an air conditioned area it was all outdoors, but the made little differance with the lovely sea breeze.
The room we had was a semi-detached bungalow like others have said it does look a bit dated and dark but this only affected my partner on getting ready for an evening. The only thing i would say is there are a lot of critters and birds that can be loud and if you are a light sleeper they could have an impact on your sleep, i however loved the noises from the trees.
The grounds were stunning lovely trees, the rooms/cottages all built round the landscape trying to remain hidden and blend in. Again as others have said there can be a lot of steps and walking so if there are any problems with walking this could be an issue. The walk to breakfast felt good after a few days lol. The only bad thing regarding the grounds was the beach, my partner had no problems with it but to me it felt like walking on broken glass, very painfull sharp feeling stones rather than soft sand, but this would be nature, not the hotel.
The location of the hotel for what we wanted was perfect, around 15 mins from cheweng and around 20 from bophut. You have to use the hotels own taxi service to get to these places for 400 baht. The hotel is within walking distance to the nearest built up area were there are banks, shops and other resturants.
To sum up, the worst points i could think of would be the beach, no aircon whilst eating and the amount of walking up hills and steps. Other than these very minor things this is one of the best hotels with the warmest caring staff i have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut