We researched koh suamui extensively prior to booking our holiday as there is so many choices available. The reviews for Tongsai bay were very good, so we decided to try it out. Initially our thoughts the hotel was very pleasant. Staff were friendly and accommodation was clean. They do make every possible effort in keeping the resort and it's surroundings very natural and clean which is I keeping of their theme of eco friendly.
Positives: Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food and service at the 3 restaurants in the hotel was excellent. The pool staff were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel managers were extremely diligent in ensuring you were well looked after. The hotel grounds were well maintained and natural relaxed setting.
Negatives: We were very disappointed by the resorts on site car hire group who promised us an open roof jeep and delivered to us a rusted unsafe closed roof car which was nearly unsafe to drive on already dangerous driving conditions as were Samui's roads.
After rejecting the car we were left waiting for an hour with no assistance or solution to rectify the problem. The staff were rude and completely unhelpful. There were hundreds of car hire places on the island but the hotel would only use this particular on site company who only had this one car available. That makes completely no sense! We asked for assistance contacting other companies to arrange a car but they wouldn't or couldn't assist.
One more negative was the day spa which was 4-5 times the price of the same service outside of the hotel. Prior to us knowing this we booked a few treatments. They were extremely difficult to deal with and only if pushed would find an availability. This happened on more than one occasion. We asked for massages on the beach but they were booked out apparently, but we didn't see a massage on the beach all day while were we sitting by the pool.
Overall not a bad place to stay but a couple of issues left us with a bad taste in our mouth and probably won't return as there are so many resorts to choose from so service for guests needs to be "number one!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut