I was going to start this review, by telling you about the private beach, or the 25 acres of lush green grounds that the hotel sits in,but these are things you can find out about by looking at the hotels website.I decided instead to tell you about the most important things that you can only know by staying at the Tongsai bay, so here goes. From the time we arrived till the time we left we were treated like royalty!
Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cold drink and ice cold towels to refresh ourselves after our long journey. The check in process was very quick, a swipe of a credit card,then we were taken by buggy to our wonderful suite.(Suite 304, fantastic view of the private beach)
At breakfast the next morning we were greated by Su and Jimmy, two wonderful ladies who attended to our every need, these two wonderful people made our time at the Tongsai bay so special, on a scale off 1 to 10 I'd give them 20 they really were so special. All of the staff were simply wonderful.
One night when leaving the restaurant, there was a young man outside of reception, as my wife and I approached him, he bid us good evening, and enquired if everything at the hotel was to our liking? Which of course it was. This young man was actually the owner's son, and although he was on his way out to a function, he spent 15 minutes chatting to us making sure we were happy, then introduced us to the general manager Leisa who also enquired if everything was ok. I can't immagine the owner at any other hotel I've stayed at spending time with guest like that, perhaps thats why everybody (other guest) we spoke to at the hotel were so happy.
This review doesn't go into detail about the wonderful restaurants, the private beach, fitness room, tennis courts, spa, entertainment etc, other reviewers or the hotel's website have told you about those things, my biggest compliment is this,
On the day we were leaving, I came out of the shower to find my wife sitting on the bed, and she was crying, I asked "whats wrong" she replied that she was sad, because she felt like she was leaving her family behind, and I knew exactly what she meant, that's exactly how it was for me too. The Owner, management and staff at the Tongsai bay made us feel so special, our new found family, and we hope to be visiting again very soon.
The Tongsai bay hotel and cottages, the 5 star hotel with 7 star service. Mr & Mrs Steel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut