This was the 4th trip to Thailand for my wife and I since 2009, however, the first to the west coast of Thailand.
We were looking for a relatively inexpensive mid year break and Tongsai Bay delivered, the villas and cottages are laid out very well and privacy is guaranteed.
Staff were very friendly, we didn't eat at the restaurants as we ate out most of the time, however, the food we ordered from room service was superb as was the daily breakfast delivered to the rooms.
The rooms are a good size, clean and well kept and the bed was fantastic, so comfortable, had the best 11 nights of sleep I can remember.
The pool was one of the warmest I've ever experienced, however, I didn't like the layout of the main pool, it was tacky and somewhat ugly and didn't fit in with the natural surroundings, also the sun beds were crammed to closely together.
That said the hotel was only at 30% occupancy while we were there so I pretty much had the pool to myself most days so I shouldn't really complain.
Tongsai bay is only a short 10 minute drive from the Chewang and about 20 minutes from alumni if you are looking to do so,e shopping, visits the markets or bars etc.
Car hire arranged via the hotel was relatively cheap, stress free and the car was new, well maintained and clean.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I would recommend it highly.
Pack some mosquito spray, like most places in a Thailand the mosquito's seem to love a bit of European flesh...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut