I have just returned from a two week stay in this hotel and can't recommend it strongly enough. Not only is it a beautiful spot in it's own private bay the staff can not do enough to please. It took me a few days to adjust to the level of service offered as they will even take your breakfast plate from you as you walk back to your table. No member of staff ever walks past you without a smile and a greeting and it really does make a difference. You will always get a sun bed next to the pool however late you get up even when the hotel is full.
There seem to be a full range of nationalities staying at the hotel with no one nationality dominating.The hotel seems to have catered for all tastes in terms of the food. You can have porridge, sushi or noodles for breakfast for example.
The hotel is full of wildlife. Loads of birds, frogs at night, tons of butterflies and a number of lizards - some of which are huge. I really couldn't fault this hotel.
We took our two children aged 10 and 12 and I was a bit concerned it would be too sleepy for them but actually they were very happy as there were lots of other kids. Equally however I would recommend this as a honeymoon destination as there are loads of quiet romantic spots.
The food was superb quality and the cocktails were great. The entertainment was well selected and not at all cheesy. I would recommend the fire show and the movie on the beach night.
My tip for a good stay would be to hire a car for the week. The hotel is rather isolated so you can't really walk anywhere. With a car you can find beaches with no-one on which really are not to be missed. Make sure you go to the other side of the island to watch the sunset. We also went Elephant trecking and went to the zoo. Lots of the reviews on trip adviser advise not to go to either of these places. We went to look at the elephants at the end of the day and discovered that they live in the village with the villagers and had loads of space to roam around so that satisfied us. We got to the zoo early so could see all the animals playing before it got hot. The enclosures are small but it seems like the cats are totally domesticated as the baby tiger was very lively playing in his enclosure before sitting on my daughter's lap to be bottle fed. Great island for a family holiday and a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut