My partner and I have just returned from an amazing 10 night stay at the Tongsai Bay, where we were on honeymoon. This place is just amazing, from the moment you get there till the minute you leave the whole experience is phenomenal. Attention to detail, wonderful staff, nature and beauty - the Tongsai Bay has it all.
We spent our stay in one of the hotels cottage suites - which was larger than most one bedroom apartments in the UK. We had a balcony - with stunning view - with two loungers and a very nice large bath, a 'living' area with everything you would expect, a beautiful 4 poster bed on a raised 'mezzanine' and a stunning huge bathroom complete with his and hers sinks, a massive shower and lovely sunken bath. The resort has beautiful grounds which are immaculately kept with wonderful flowers, trees and plants - there are also a huge range of different wildlife to see every day. After a good thunderstorm the frogs chorus is an acoustic pleasure to behold!!
The resort has three restaurants, all providing beautiful meals and catering for all tastes. The breakfast buffet is wonderful with everything that anyone could possibly require from a breakfast. Special mention must go to the lady who prepared our fresh fuits and juices each morning - i honestly believe that Pu is the worlds friendliest and happiest lady! Enjoying breakfast in the open air every day is wonderful - even if the odd cheeky Mynah bird can try and steal the bacon from your plate!
There are two beautiful swimming pools with tremendously attentive bar and beach staff. All guests are kept supplied with water and ice (which was vital in the heat) and for something stronger the bar staff are on hand immediately. The daily happy hour cocktails became a daily ritual for many of the couples that were there at the same time as us! Bar prices were similar to what we would pay in Britain in an 'average' bar so pretty reasonable for 5 star luxury. The hotel also organised a number of events including the managers cocktail party (with lots of free drinks) a wonderful beach BBQ with jazz band and an authentic Thai culture evening with food, music and dance.
The resort is situated about 4km from the airport and around 5km from both Bophut and Chaweng Beach. The hotel has its own reasonably priced taxi service which we used on a few occasions - however when you are in this amazing place it seems a waste to visit the neon lights and McDonalds restaurants in Chaweng! Bophut on the other hand is a lovely village and we visited restuarant there on a few occasions.
Tongsai Bay has two lovely swimming pools and its own private beach where kayaks and sailing boats are provided free of charge. The beach is a little coarse but that is what nature provided and although not perfect for lying on, it does not matter when you have a sunbed for that purpose!
There is also the Prana Spa which provided us with 2.5 hours of sheer bliss - body scrubs, relaxing baths, massages!!
All in all we could not have asked for any more from a honeymoon hotel and we would go back in an instant. We visited a few of the other highly rated resorts during our stay on Samui and i do not believe they are anywhere near as good as this place.
Amazing and helpful staff (keep up the great work), wonderful food and drinks, unbelievable location and scenery. The perfect hotel for a special holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut