Where were the mozzies? We left this hotel on the 19th after a brilliant 2weeks at this hotel and there were no mozzies around us.
We are 70+. My travelling companion is disabled, we were given a downstairs room in the main building and the staff could not be more helpful! the desk had sufficient English to deal with all queries and were so friendly. The housekeeping were great and never waited long for any request.
We had all the free water we needed and it seemed all our minor needs were catered for.
We loved the beach and made friends with the traders who were never a nuisance......the beach was clean and spent quite a lot of time in the sea and the 2 large pools
The trade winds restaurant makes delicious marinara pizzas as well as other food and the beach traders cook and sell corn and satays on their little charcoal grills. The mangoes and pineapples were absolutely delicious.
The rooms are large and so are the bathrooms, air con was very effective
We were not able to walk to fisherman's village but used the cheap shuttle service or taxi.
The restaurant food there is varied and very good and not overpriced
There is no entertainment at this hotel if that is your priority.
The free wifi is not good but the little Thai cafe High Noon just at the hotel gate has very good connection and good Thai and other food....lovely prawn cocktails
The best agent for transfer or trips is samuiislandexplorer run by an English lady Michelle who replies to emails immediately and is so helpful and very reasonable
We really hope we can return next year and meet all the staff again.
Across the road next to the Kingfisher restaurant is an Indian tailor who did a brilliant alteration on a dress for £4...,,,doesn't speak good English but knows his stuff
Hope this helps those who have read previous bad reviews......there are always some wherever
We will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Palm Beach Resort is located just 15 minutes from the airport on Bophut beach on the north of the island. With stunning views of Koh Phangan Island our beach is one of the most beautiful settings you will ever encounter. At 270 meters, it is the longest beach-front of any resort on the island. There are a total of 127 rooms, separated to 2 zones. Deluxe has 90 Rooms and Deluxe Triple 12 Rooms with own terrace and balcony. Villas 24 Rooms and 1 Royal Villas with Garden & Sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Palm Beach Hotel Bophut
- Samui Palm Beach Resort And Hotel
- Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut