“We can't wait to return to this lovely hotel”

Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #41 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
“We can't wait to return to this lovely hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Where were the mozzies? We left this hotel on the 19th after a brilliant 2weeks at this hotel and there were no mozzies around us.
We are 70+. My travelling companion is disabled, we were given a downstairs room in the main building and the staff could not be more helpful! the desk had sufficient English to deal with all queries and were so friendly. The housekeeping were great and never waited long for any request.
We had all the free water we needed and it seemed all our minor needs were catered for.
We loved the beach and made friends with the traders who were never a nuisance......the beach was clean and spent quite a lot of time in the sea and the 2 large pools
The trade winds restaurant makes delicious marinara pizzas as well as other food and the beach traders cook and sell corn and satays on their little charcoal grills. The mangoes and pineapples were absolutely delicious.
The rooms are large and so are the bathrooms, air con was very effective
We were not able to walk to fisherman's village but used the cheap shuttle service or taxi.
The restaurant food there is varied and very good and not overpriced
There is no entertainment at this hotel if that is your priority.
The free wifi is not good but the little Thai cafe High Noon just at the hotel gate has very good connection and good Thai and other food....lovely prawn cocktails
The best agent for transfer or trips is samuiislandexplorer run by an English lady Michelle who replies to emails immediately and is so helpful and very reasonable
We really hope we can return next year and meet all the staff again.
Across the road next to the Kingfisher restaurant is an Indian tailor who did a brilliant alteration on a dress for £4...,,,doesn't speak good English but knows his stuff
Hope this helps those who have read previous bad reviews......there are always some wherever
We will be back

Room Tip: Quiet room away from road behind reception deluxe 115.....no steps to worry about if disabled
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Joan S
Thank you very much for your great and very detailed personal comment about your last stay with us. I am pleased to see that our staff could meed all your needs and made your stay a memorable one. Good to see that you have used and enjoyed most of our offers as well as local business.
We do our best to improve our wireless but it will need some time as it is a bit more complicated as expected.
However I do look forward to welcome you back next year and wish you all the best and healthiness that you will be able to return to Thailand.

Once again thank you very much for staying with us this year!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Thai first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked this hotel through booking,com and we arrived there about 12ish.

First of all, there were three couples walked in the same time togther, I was being polite and waited in a line, however the girl in the front desk serviced me the last, the whole time while she was serving, she was SHOUTING, I saw her put my passport information with other customers document and while she was comfirming me my booking, she told me other cutomers information, I had to point it out to her, it was wrong name. Excure me, have you heard about Date Protection???

It is a four star hotel and the front desk is the same size as a guest house front desk, the girls there were friendly but all are fake smile and shouting to customer, I could understand for a busy hotel, staff would like to do more booking at the same time but three rooms togther? I don't think any of us received the quanlity service at all! The whole time, I had to ask her, what about wifi, what about this, what about that? I think they should have a check list of what to say to the customers, so every customer hear the same thing.

I was informed I had to wait until 2 o'clock then I can go into the room however all the other couple arrived after me got into there room in 15 mins.

I asked if I could talk to the manager, He, Danil, who is the high light of the story.

He was very rude to me while he talked to me and my husband pointed out he should not talk to me like that, he said people like me need to talk rude, Excuse me, all I ask is to get into the room earlier?

What about customers are always right? what about trying to engaged with your customers? The whole time during the talk, I felt like I am talking to a very immuture person, it was like he tried to argue with me rather than sorting out my request.

The manager informed us the hotel is 98% booked, so I asked him if he could put us in a different room for the first night? - No

My husband asked him if we can drink tea or coffee while we are waiting? he said the facilite is here, you can go to the restaurant if you want? what attitue is that???

Then he said to me, if you are not happy, then cancell your booking now.

We deceied to cancell our booking as it is our honey moon trip and we don't like to deal with a jert like that and after we cancelled the booking, he was being even more rude and tried to ask us to leave the lobby within one minute, hey we need to find a taxi first!

The girls in front desk plus this jurky manager didn;t say sorry the whole time and after the cancellation, no one said anything to us, no one offer to help us to move the luggage out of the hotel.

As a four start hotel, it is reasonable to get busy however people would still expect to receive good service, and from my experice, I would say to everyone - Don't even waste your time and money!

We found a hotel next door, Lawana, right away, a much friendly and nicer hotel, a great sum up!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lili0216
Dear Lili
For quite some time I have considered whether I should even answer your comment or not as not quite fair reflecting what has happened on the day of your arrival...guess our readers have the right that I do so....
We have expected your review on TripAdvisor as you already threatened to do so if we not immediately fulfill your request of being given the room at 12:15am even if you know that check-in time is 2pm as an international standard.
It is correct that some other guests who checked-in at the same time could get their room as this rooms have been returned from leaving guests earlier this morning.
At the time of your arrival our room maids have been working in your assigned room to make it possible to check-in at about 12:45. We just asked to wait for about 30 minutes to get your room what you denied constantly.
We received your booking as honeymoon and as this request is treated with a extra set up we use to provide few minutes more were needed. Our front desk staff as well as myself did try to explain several times that unfortunately we are not able to just allocate any other room during this high occupancy as this would have cause a overbooking where I would have had to relocate other guests to another hotel as overbooked expecting to get their room at Palm Beach. I guess as someone who has studied hotel management (as per your information) you should understand what I tried to explain with no success.
Listening instead of blaming would have helped us all. To accuse me for being the height of the story I will not comment as we both know that is not quite true...
As no solution was accepted I offered you to cancel the booking with no fee what you accepted. You have not been asked to leave the property immediately as you mentioned nor asked for any help to leave the property what we would have provided.
I hope this answer will bring a better understanding to all readers and I do hope that in the future a 30 minute request to wait to get the room assigned before official check-in time will not end in a unhappy experience in any other hotel visited...
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice resort about 15mins walk from Fisherman's Village. We stayed in a Beach Front Villa, with own small garden with reserved sun loungers. The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. The furniture is not luxurious but functional. The staff are very nice and welcoming. Breakfast is the usual buffet style, which is okay but the queue for eggs is a pain and spoils the experience. They could do with pre cooking enough for the early rush. We rented a car for one day and able to tour the whole island, which made us realise that Bo Phut is a better place to stay than Chaweng or Lamai, which are crammed with tourists, okay if you like these kind of places. Apart from a few little niggles all in all Samui Palm Beach was a good choice

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the main building that are situated close to the main road. Villas are situated neare...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear mjohno11
Thank you very much for your nice personal comment about your stay at Palm Beach Resort.
I am glad to see that you did like our property and services.
We are aware of the mentioned problem about the egg station and our chef will do its best to get this solved. To offer best possible quality at our egg station we wish to cook fresh as precooked eggs taste different. Quantities consumed and quite some unfortunately spoiled would increase a lot...

Once again thank you very much for saying with us and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the neat future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I just left this hotel a half hour ago and it's safe to say I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone. The service was extremely poor with no one at the front desk having the ability to speak English to assist its non Thai speaking guests. It advertises free wifi, but in fact, there is only free wifi in the lobby and restaurant area (as stated in previous posts). The managers reply to previous posts indicates that wifi in the rooms will be available shortly of which I was told by reception this will not be happening anytime soon. The shower did not drain so the entire bathroom was soaking wet after a shower, the sheets had stains on it and there were mosquitoes everywhere. When we notified the front desk, their response was "just tell us and we will fix it". Nothing was fixed.

The beach is nice, but the hotel obviously should not get credit for this natural beauty.

We checked out a night early and was not refunded our money despite us being completely unsatisfied with the hotel and their services. We will not be coming back to this place and will advice others not to stay here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tanya C
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Tanya C
Thank you very much for your personal opinion about you recent stay at Palm Beach Resort.
Even if you rate as as not to be recommended to stay I hope you enjoyed your holiday on Samui.
I am well aware that the English level is not as good as expected but to blame that no one does speak English at our front desk is not quite correct...
Regarding the free WIFI as I mentioned before (and you have seen it as well) we are working on some upgrades of the property what does include offering free internet. This is part of an ongoing project. When exactly it will be completed depends on progress and so far it is not absolute clear when completed. No exact time line has been given in any statements I made before.
Therefore our staff has not the latest information as this may cause confusion or false statements.
Expecting a refund for an early departure is a curiosity as a room booking is a contract on what we all agreed.
However I do apologies that we could not meet your expectation and hope you have enjoyed you holiday on Samui.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

a beautiful place, very spectacular pool especial at night, the lighting made me feel that i was in a oasis. rooms are very large and nice balcony's overlooking the pool, the only problem i had was the bed, king size by pushing 2 bed together, come on

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Wesley D
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Weslay D
Thank you very much for your nice comment regarding your recent stay at Palm Beach Resort.
I am pleased to see that you did like our facilities.
Regarding the bed I do apologies for this issue. Some of our rooms are equipped with a double bed and some with two single beds pushed together as often 2 singles are requested too.
As the hotel is almost fully booked we sometimes have to allocate rooms with this 2 single beds.
We will organize some top mattresses to solve this problem in the future...
Once again thank you very much for staying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My partner and I arrived to find we had two single beds, even though we had specifically requested and it was confirmed we'd have a double.. An over lay foam was put on the two singles the next day but didn't really make much difference.
However the breakfast is very lovely. One of the waiters needs an attitude adjustment though.
The pool is great and the 4 poster loungers are just lovely.
I like the location, getting around on scooter is so easy for 250THB a day.
I would recommend this resort to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear mgib876
Thank you very much for your nice personal comment about your resent stay with us at Palm Beach Resort.
I am glad to see that you like our hotel as well as location.
Indeed driving around the Island by scooter is great and gives the possibility to see more of beautiful Samui.
Apologies for the bed issue...we have been fully booked over the past weeks and are therefore sometimes not able to meet all requests...:-(
Seems out staff has done all they could but this will not help much in this case:-)

Once again thank you very much for staying with us and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you and/or some of your friends back to Palm Beach Resort in the near future!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 16 January 2014

For the price this place is t to bad. It is dated and in need of a spring clean and a lick of paint. Our room was however always kept tidy, our beach towels were changed every day and the location. Was great. Pools and beach, there is a large pool out the back away from the beach which was generally very quiet and a nice place to relax and have a swim, a smaller pool a
Out the front which was often busy, due to being close to the beach. Breakfast generally had a good array of food from pancakes, fresh fruit to cold meats etc. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was good. The internet access wasn't great we paid 100baht to have a 24hr access code and the internet signal wasn't strong g enough to ope.pn anything. The staff lacked motivation and weren't very friendly. The beach was great and the location and being close to The Fishermans Village was wonderful. We wouldn't return to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Georgia Jackson
Thank you very much for you personal feedback about your stay at Samui Palm Beach Resort.
I am pleased to see that in general you had a good experience about your visit with us.
We do plan some soft renovation in parts of the resort after this high season.
A full house and current low number of staff as hard to find new ones may have given you this negative feeling regarding motivation and friendliness what I do apologies for.
Indeed the location near Fisherman's is great...
I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope you will find the way back to Samui soon again...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
The Waterfront
#72 of 187 in Bophut
Smile House Resort
Smile House Resort
#43 of 187 in Bophut

Been to Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!