“Agressivity at the reception - No respect”

Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #41 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Bangkok, Thailand
“Agressivity at the reception - No respect”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Second time there. We live in Thailand and it was the first time that we saw this. Thai people are nice but at Samui Resort ... the perfect opposite. The check-in was terrible, everybody was agressive and stressed. We asked (and confirmed by the hotel) for close rooms and baby cot. The baby cot was very dangerous and they explained us that we were liers because they never confirmed the close rooms. The story finished by a simple "sorry".
We will never come back or recommand that hotel. Let's try Peace resort or Anantara.

Room Tip: Go in another place
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Virginie
It is with regret to learn here about your unpleasant experience at the beginning of your last stay at Palm Beach Resort.
All I can do as of now is to apologies that we could not meet your expectations but still hope that you enjoy your visit to Samui.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Have just arrived back in Australia from Koh Samui and we feel like we have had a very relaxing and peaceful holiday because we stayed @ Samui Palm Beach.... the people who work there are lovely , the Pools are clean and well looked after and the Wifi in the lobby is a great place to meet people from all over the world. The rooms were spacious and clean and sitting on the balcony after a day out was just devine. We had the whole family stay here ( about 30 people ) and we all had a great time...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Arctic01
Dear Arctic01 :-)
Good to see that all of you have arrived back home save.
I would like to thank you for your great feedback in regards of yours and your family's stay at Palm Beach Resort.
I am pleased to see that all of you liked the time staying with us and what you could see and do on Samui itself.
Would be great to welcome you back for the one year anniversary...:-)

Once again thank you very much for staying with us and please send my best to all family members.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend. upon arrival we were greeted with a nice cold drink. The staff were polite but were not overly welcoming or efficient. Our room was not ready upon arrival which was understandable as it was early in the morning.

The main pool near the beach was beautiful however there were a lot of russian people staying at the time and they seemed to put their towels on all the sunbeds really early in the morning so it was sometimes difficult to get one. The other pool was spacious and big but was quite dirty with leaves and dead flies.

The staff at the restaurant both during the day and at night were so polite and helpful and always smiling. The staff at reception seemed to be bored and uninterested in anything but were always polite.

The grounds of the hotel were very clean and was really beautiful. The Room we stayed in was cleaned every day, fresh towels were provided every day and complimentary bottles of water were provided daily. This service was excellent. Better than any other hotel ive ever stayed in. Upon arrival there was a damp smell in the room but we arrived at the start of the peak season so i just assume there hadn't been anyone staying in the room in quite a while.

The Hotel provided a free shuttle bus into the city.. we used this most nights. The driver was nice enough to go out of his way to drop us off at the ice bar instead of the usual spot.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and would definitely return again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy P
Dear Amy P
It is with great pleasure to read your comment about your stay at Palm Beach Resort of what I would like to thank you for.
Understand your comment about the Royal Wing pool and we do all we can to improve this little disappointment. Guess the little smell you mentioned despaired just after few minutes...and yes...your comment is correct.
I am pleased to see that you fully enjoyed your holiday with us and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back during any possible visit to Samui in the future.

Once again thank you very much for staying with us.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel with my family. The hotel is beautiful and quiet but a bit far from town. As soon as I arrived, the girl who was working at the reception say nothing to me even just welcome. We had a nice room next to the pool (the hotel has two pools, the main one is near the beach). I appreciate the service from Breakfast service team, always smile and treat us well. However, there was a guy (I think he is working as a doorman or something) who is quite rude and did not respect us as he should. We rent the motorbike from the hotel and this guy lead us to motorbike. He started to say many things bad including talking about his personal life and tell us to not ride the bike because you may die from accident here. I was a bit shock and disappoint from being treated from hotel's staff by this way (I am also involve in hospitality industry). Moreover, we went out to have dinner outside and then had an allergy (many hives on my body, face and I couldn't breath) after I came back to the hotel. Then I called reception to ask if there is any doctor but there was no one pick up the call. I walked to the reception but there was no one as well. Finally, I have to call to the hotel number but the guy who pick up said that the hotel does not have the doctor which I can understand. However, he said that if I want to go to hospital then he can go with me to call the taxi (I was like, don't you have any hotel car for an emergency service??). Finally I had to take my own medicine and stayed at the hotel because I couldn't move so long.
From my opinion, I think the hotel should have more service facility and service mind to guests. I didn't feel they are willing to help us at all. Also the price is too high from what we can expected as they called themselves a four stars hotel. I do not recommended you to stay here. It's better you pay a bit more and get a better service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BesPhimnaphas
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had been to Thailand before (Phuket) and really enjoyed it. I must say that on the drive to the hotel I was a little disappointed with the main streets and thought I'd made a mistake in picking Koh Samui. However once you turn into the entrance for the hotel it made me relax. We were greeted by the friendly staff in reception and given a cold drink of something. It very sweet and wasn't very nice. A cold coconut would have been far more welcome. Anyway that said we were shown to our room which was a good size. It smelled a bit, I think it needed airing but it was very clean. After travelling for almost 24 hours you really don't care! We put on the air con and got ready to explore. The hotel is situated slap bang on the beach which was great. The grounds like the hotel are well kept and has some nice touches with the antiques and furniture in the common parts. The pool facing the beach was like getting into a bath. Bliss! The big sun loungers facing the sea were great as you got a little bit of breeze to help with the 34 degree heat.
We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfasts which were plenty full and varied. The Chefs on the eggs station were great but it was amazing to stand there and listen to some guests just say 'eggs, both sides, or just 'Omlette' No please or thank yous. No manners. Tut tut!
Anyway we had not realised that our dates co-incided with the Thai New Year. The morning started off with the monks arriving to collect their Alms and then say prayer. The colours of their robes against the backdrop of blue skies and the beach/lawn was amazing. Once they had gone the party began. The Thai people wear these fabulous floral shirts rather then their normal uniforms and they began dancing around the pool to a music system which they took with them on a cart. Outside at the front of the hotel it was the craziest thing we have ever seen. People were driving in trucks with barrels of water, water pistols and just about anything else they could get to chuck water over each other. On the road side it was the same. The music was pumping, people were dancing and everyone was drenched! Great fun! They also pasted everyone on the face with a talcom powder and water mixture (not sure what that bit was for) The Songkran festival is a buddhist festival and the water is to cleans. Everyone looked so happy.
The hotel wasn't too busy on the first week of our trip which was nice and as the easter holidays kicked in it got a bit busier. The same with the main town in Cheweng. We had been warned it would be crazy but at this time of the year It was quite. Tuk Tuks were a rip off. There was price for local people of 15/20 bhat per ride but 100 bhat each for foreigners. We ended up renting a bike and had a great time touring the island and seeing the sights. There was a fantastic restaurant about 15 minutes down the road called Krua Bang Po which served great food and was right on the beach. Hardly saw any tourists there. The restaurants in town all basically offer the same fish menus and to be honest you're probably better off ordering off the main menus. You can get great fish in the Walking Street (as well as Chicken, Cocktails etc) There is another street not far from there which has live music three nights a week which is also good and has a little market and food stalls.
If you are into Muay Thai there is a great gym for training called Superpro Samui which is close to the Bangkok Samui hospital. My husband trained there for over one week and really enjoyed it.
Overall it was a great holiday, the hotel was good and I would definitely recommend it. Not sure if I will go back there next year but I will definitely return to Thailand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen F
manchester
Reviewed 7 April 2014

what an amazing suite we had in the royal dulux wing, so spacious and clean, the pool is huge and very clean, the food here is also very very good, staff could be more pleasant though !!! we stayed at the world resort for a week previously then a week here and i have to say the staff here could take a few lessons in politeness and friendliness from those in world resort, but had great holiday here, would stay again.

Room Tip: we loved the royal delux wing suite as it was huge and well equipt so i would recommend staying in o...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear poppy003
Thanks you very much for your personal comment about your recent stay with us at Palm Beach Resort.
I am pleased to see that in general you liked rooms, restaurant and hotels ground.
I am aware about your comment in regards of friendliness and do my best to improve this to at least the level of our neighbors.

We would be pleased to welcome you back in the near future and I would like to take this opportunity that thank you again for spending some of your holiday time with us.
Pardubice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everybody of our friends were fascinated about this place. Great spacious rooms with a nice view. Very nice garden and beach. It was not crowded, so we enjoyed it very much. A free shuttle in the evening to the city. Breakfast was also amazing. We had just problems with the stuff - they dont speak english good, we had problems to undrestand them, either on the reception and pool bar. The WIFI is only in the lobby. Even that its a unforgettable place and I recomend this very much!!! :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Daniel R, Manager at Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Romana S
Thank you very much for your nice personal comment regarding your stay at Palm Beach Resort.
Glad to see that you and your friends enjoyed your holiday with us. Great to see that you felt that the hotel was not crowed even as we have been almost fully booked during the past 2 months (Jan/Feb).
Do understand that English communication can be difficult sometimes...
Once again thank you very much for choosing Samui Palm Beach Resort as your holiday destination and we would be very pleased to welcome you and your friends again in the near future.