The Anantara is situated between the main road and the beach on the island’s quiet north shore, also home to several other upmarket hotels and “Fisherman’s Village”, just a 5 minute walk along the beach road where there are many decent restaurants and bars. The hotel grounds consist of beautiful, well-kept gardens surrounding a long pond with the lobby at one end and a decent sized pool at the other. Our room was large, comfortable and clean with balconies looking out to the pool and the sea beyond. We did notice several maintenance issues around the hotel – both in our room and around the communal area (doors off hinges, cracking plaster, crumbling cement in pool etc.) but the hotel never felt too busy and we didn’t experience any of the sun-lounger hogging problems that other reviewers seemed to have suffered.
Breakfast was very nice and offered a wide selection of cuisines. Lunch around the pool was a bit hit-and-miss e.g. the ‘street food’ BBQ was delicious, fresh and great value but the sharing platter was terrible quality, deep fried muck. One evening, we had a private dinner for two in one of the pergolas on the grounds which was very tasty and a great experience but it was rather expensive (special occasions only!)
Although the staff were always very polite and happy to help you, the overall service level just didn’t quite match the ambience of the hotel. Firstly it didn’t seem like there were enough of them– it often took a long time to be noticed and served. Secondly, there was no sense of staff being proactive – i.e. you have to call them over, rather than them spotting that you finished your glass and may want another drink. One evening, there was a power cut which lasted for about 5 hours and although the hotel had backup generators, only half the hotel received any power and we were simply told that we should use the solitary candle in our room. The hotel really should be better prepared for these sorts of events.
My biggest grievance is that the hotel charges for using wifi. It will cost you £50 for a week to use wifi in your room, and that’s PER DEVICE – if two of you want to use the internet at the same time you’ll pay twice! Yes, you can get a free 30 minute token to use in the computer room but it’s a pain to have to keep walking to reception going to ask when I just want to check one web page or read one email. I think every hotel I have stayed at for the last 4-5 years, including some zero-star dives, have included free wifi. All the bars up the road in Fisherman’s village offer free wifi – why not my luxury hotel? The management should seriously rethink this policy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Splitty, Holiday Gems, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui