Where to begin?
Thought we should write this review after reading some indifferent reviews. My wife and I have been to many high class hotels in the past and have both come to the conclusion this is the best we have stayed in.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by assistant front desk manager and shown to the library where we were given cold towels and a welcome drink whilst we were checked in.
We then met with the front desk manager who told us about the resturants and bars and gave us our room key and took us to our room.
Porters brought up our luggage after about 2 minutes.
We stayed in a deluxe room which looks just as on the web site/brochure. Massive bath for 2 with sliding glass doors into the main room. Very nice huge bed which stands on a platform, mini bar, tea/coffee maker,tv with dvd player,large double wardrobe with plenty of hangers,safe,hair drier,bath robes, slippers and flip flops. Sliding glass doors open on to balcony with table and chairs and built i large sofa over looking the gardens. Everything was spotless and kept clean very well during our stay by our cleaner who always left towel sculptures or sweets. She also replenished the mini bar. The bed was turned down every evening with tomorrows weather forecast written on a leaf left on the bed. (Wife looked forward to the leaf every night when we returned to the room). Food/drinks were of outstanding quality from pool snacks to "Dining By Design". Staff were always helpful and met you with a smile. Make sure to look out for Lily(f and b concierge)-we wanted to bring her home. Some people have mentioned about the price of food but you can not put a price on that sort of quality. Everything was perfect especially the valentines night dinner. We had ours in a pavillion in the grounds with our own chef cooking on the stove and our own waitress for the night. Beautiful 3 course dinner and champagne cost about £190 and worth every penny.(picture of main course attached). Had a free head and neck massage at the spa. The wife had a few more treatments while we were there and said they were well worth the money. Swimming pool very clean with plenty of sun beds. Even though the hotel was 100% full there were still empty beds at 10am. The beach is not brilliant but is plenty good enough to lay out and get a nice tan. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Fishermans village where there are many shops, bars and resturants. Only went two places, The Shack is a very busy grill house with great food and the other was a bar called sirocco, friendly british couple owned , with live entertainment.
From check in to check out the whole stay was amazing.
We will be going back to the travel agent monday to book for Thai new year next year in April. Can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, TravelUp, Travelbag, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui