We stayed at Anantara 7-14 March 2008. First time to Koh Samui. Previously twice to Phuket.
The hotel is smaller than some we've stayed at but not an issue. The staff were the best yet. The grounds and pool fantastic although some bugs about due to all the greenery and water features. Sprays etc supplied but be prepared.
Breakfasts were great. Other meals expensive and we ate out. Plenty of restaurants on road to Fishermans Vilage (5 minutes walk). We like Shades and Smiley particularly for Thai food (also western) and the Shack for the best steak ever had. Avoid the Italian in Fishermans Village - it's a rip off!
Rooms were fine, but the bed is very low and on a platform ... could be awkward if not too mobile.
We had no problems (as reported by some previous reviewers) with taking supplies into room, or of agressive marketing of spa facilities.
Yes the sand is a bit gritty but no two beaches are the same ... and for previous reviewers who say the beach is small - the 'allocated' section may be a bit small but you also have a mile or so either side !
We went into Chaweng once (300 baht taxi). That was enough ! You can get everything you want/need in Fishermans Village and along the street outside the hotel.
Great time, great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui