“A wonderful stay and quality service team”

Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
Ranked #17 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Despite the fact that the hotel was under some renovations, the staff maintained their at their toes service standard. From the reception to the restaurant staff they are all but excellent.
My young daughter had a great time and in fact was looking forward each morning to have breakfast so that she can meet her "friends" the staff at the restaurant.
The beach is lovely and not crowded. The room is very comfortable and being a light sleeper myself, I slept very very well there.
Kudos to the General Manger, the Assistant Manager and the whole team who never fails to smile.
A must to stay at least one night the next time you are in Koh Samui!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank shyn s
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
Your kind words have been shared with the team, it is such a great reward after the hard work to re-open the resort.
Our top priority is our guests satisfaction and we are delighted you and your family had a great time staying in our newly renovated property.
Do not hesitate to contact us when planning your next holidays.

regards
Manish Jha

Write a ReviewReviews (2,348)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have had a wonderful visit, great food, I love the healthy choices, organic when possible. We stayed in a nice two bedroom suite, top floor with expansive views of the ocean. The gardens are exactly what you would expect in a Thai Resort. But what makes this resort come alive is the wonderful staff, from the warm welcome by the resort manager to the grounds keepers, they all make you feel right at home, We are looking forward to returning are soon as possible!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lisa p
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your great feedback.
We are very proud to be your home away from home!
Do not hesitate to contact us when planning your next holidays on the island.

Warm regards,”

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Last November 2, 2013 i was invited by a friend of mine to attend our best friends wedding happened in this lovely resort.
When i went to this resort i am really amazed because the place is full of plants, trees, and a lot more to make it a beautiful place to stay because of its grandeur and beauty and i love this kind of Resort.
The wedding went smoothly and good we are all guided by the staff who is by the way very friendly and speaks good English to us. We had a very simple light meal and a very nice coffee under these lovely massive trees which is really relaxing and enjoyable because we were able to take a lots of photos for us to have for souvenirs.
The evening came and we had a very nice dinner on the beach with a very nice food which is a combination of Thai and meat for a BBQ Buffet. I love the way the staff handles the guest and they really assist you in any way possible so that you will surely have a nice amazing experience towards their service.
I salute also the Executive Team because they are all standby if anyone would needed their help and they are all very approachable and all smiling while rendering service to some of us attending the wedding.
I love this place for weddings and other activities because of the cleanliness and a very different atmosphere to feel while having your holiday. So, i am 100% going to recommend this nice place to all my friend s local from Thailand and also from Abroad.......try it for a change .....go, go , and go

Room Tip: choose the one on the 3rd floor because the view is funtastic and you have the best of both world th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank girlygirl363738
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review, and for your kind words towards the team. Your recognition is a wonderful reward for their hard work!
Our Top priority is our guests satisfaction, and we are delighted you enjoyed the property and had such a great time at the wedding that you will recommend us to your friends & family.
We can’t thank you enough!

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you need any assistance when planning your next trip to the island.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I would like to explain that this is a well known 5 star resort which I would expected to be more standardized. My 2 nights here in a 2 bedroom suite has been an unpleasant experiences. My first thought in my mind that the hotel has quite a poor security as once I walked in there are builders walking amongst us in the corridor near the lobby which I find it quite disturbing however I understand that there was a renovation going on therefore the hotel may need to provide restricted areas more. My second problem was that the blue towels provided for guests to use at the pool got blood stains all over. It was very disappointing to see that the hotel over looked on the hygienic matters. Thirdly, I admit that I enjoy your breakfast a lot but realizing that my mother's American breakfast and my American breakfast items weren't completely the same. She got hash brown but I didn't. The same as my father, he's got fried mushroom but mother didn't. The standard of the breakfast needs to be improve. Lastly, my greatest regret was my suite air-air on stopped working and cooling in the middle of the night leaving us lying in sweats!!! It works fine on the first night but came the second night it makes loud noises and stop cooling. By far, my experiences here is very very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mooklee
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered during your stay in Samui.
The Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa has been closed since mid-April, for a major refurbishment, and will re-open on November 16th, as mentioned in our website.
The whole team is already on board and is working hard to be ready for the 1st guests coming in a few days time.

Our Top priority is the guests satisfaction, and we feel very bad your experience has been disappointing. Your comments have been passed to the Villa Manager at Anantara Vacation Club Samui.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future. We would be delighted to show you our “new” Anantara Bophut.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at Anantara. It's located right on the beach and a short stroll from the shops, bars & restaurants of Fishermans Village.

Breakfast was excellent, great selection and everything was fresh.

Do try the cooking lesson, a chef from the hotel takes you for a tour of the market, you get some ingredients then come back & you cool 2 dishes of your choice. This was a highlight of my holiday.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jesswhite27
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.
Our top priority is our guests satisfaction and we are delighted to read you had a great time, especially with our Thai Cooking, which is always very popular.

The resort renovation is almost over and we will be re-opening on November 16th.
Please do come & visit our “new” Anantara Bophut!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

First thing I have to emphasis is that Thai people are very friendly and makes you very welcome, there is not hard selling or anything, and it is very safe to walk and drive.

Anyway going back to the hotel, here is my feedback on the resort.
Staying: 19th - 23rd Sept 13
Cost: Since I am a vacation club members I used some of my points, and the resort is in a middle of refrub at the moment so Anantara has given me a discount on points to stay, very nice of them to do that.

Since the resort is in middle of refrub, I didn't have the chance to go visit other areas within the resort, the public pool is closed and so is most of the functional areas, in fact nothing really opens during refurb.

I went with my wife and we stayed at the Beach front villa with private swimming pool, the room itself is massive, but the colour on the decor (including the roof top, kitchen & some furnitures) was too dark, that is one thing I hated about the room, I wish they could just use some warm lighter colour, it makes a lot of different. Another thing is that our villa is right outside the beach, and literally it is stone throw away from the sea, good thing is less walk to the seaside, on the down side, you get sand in your shoes every time you get out from your villa.

Swimmer pool was nice, they have people coming over to clean the room & the pool in a daily basis, much appreciated for their effort.

Service was good and people are generally very very helpful and not too damending for tips.

Location wise, it is not too far from the airport, I rented a car for 3 days and we drove to most of the places and driving from the airport to the resort only takes no more than 20 mins, driving is very fun and safe in Koh Samui.

On top of that I had the chance to visit the other property of Anantara, the Lawana, it's near Chaweng beach, personally I did prefer the Lawana than Bophut, there are more things happening and the resort is very updated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will C
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and great words towards the team.
We are delighted you enjoy your stay with us and also at our sister property.
We are re-opening on November 16th. Please do come and visit us, you will find a totally different atmosphere!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The jungle setting of this hotel is really amazing, we grew to love it more and more during our stay. A jungle setting AND it's set directly on the beach, amazing.

We were given an upgrade to a huge apartment type room with private pool, small garden, kitchen, laundry room and outside shower AND outside bath tub next to the pool. The room was amazing.

A big drawback to this Anantara is the small size of communal areas. This includes restaurants, the bar (or lack of), gym. There was nowhere to relax that had aircon. People were actually sitting on 2 sofas in the library to keep cool before checking out.

The staff at reception were also below standards. When we arrived a few hours before our room was ready, we were told to wait but weren't shown around or told even where to go. When we asked where the bar was they directed us twice to the pool swim up bar. Not very helpful.

And on checking out they messed up our airport shuttle booking resulting in a high speed chase to the airport.

I would like to think these problems are connected to the fact that it was due to close for a refurb a few days after our stay. I hope that the new improved resort is up to usual Anantara standards now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taj s

Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review, and please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered during your stay.
With the renovation, we have added extra air-conditioned areas where the guests can relax while waiting for their room or transportation back to the airport. There is also a brand new changing room, with sofa, tea / coffee set-up and shower for our guests.
Thank you very much for your feedback, and looking forward to welcoming you to our “new” Anantara Bophut, opening on November 16th.

Manish Jha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Amari Koh Samui
#10 of 104 in Chaweng
Sandalwood Luxury Villas
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort

Been to Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!