Not long ago I stayed at the Anantara Bophut with 3 friends. First we stayed at the vacation club in a suite with a large living room, 2 large bed rooms, fully furnished kitchen and a nice lush garden with private pool. For the rest of the stay we moved to the newly renovated junior garden view suite which are very spacious with a stylish fit-out and a lot of attention paid to details.
As all other Anantara’s, Bophut is great just to relax at the pool or beach but also offers a very wide variety of activites which we fully explored. We had a 2-hour Muay Thai session with a former Muay Thai professional in their beautiful gardens full of exotic plants, trees and flowers. As we all love Thai cuisine we went for a half-day cooking class which also included a visit to the local market where our chef took us through all the typical Thai fruits, vegetables and spices before heading back to the hotel for the cook of. The session was very well organised, prepared and every step was explained in detail by a very knowledgeable and passionate chef.
Their spa is a pure oasis of tranquillity and relaxation and the massage was absolutely amazing, the perfect way to finish the day after a full day of scuba diving.
The dining facilities are definitely worth mentioning as well. The breakfast buffet is very extensive, nicely presented and had something for every taste bud. One night we had a dinner at the Full Moon restaurant where we experienced contemporary Koh Samuian style char grill fusion cuisine on an elevated deck overlooking the pool and the sea. The starts showcased a proper fusion style cuisine and the mixed BBQ platters were prepared with perfection. I was very impressed with their Salt Guru, kind of a salt sommelier who pairs a wide selection of different salts with what you ordered.
Last but definitely not least, the service was always spot on and the stuff show great passion in what they do, always a smile on their face and clearly shows they love what they do. Truly a great experience and would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and for sure would go back next time I am on Koh Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Booking.com, Splitty, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui