Having stayed at Anantara Phuket, this was a bit of a let down. We drove from Penang to Koh Samui with a one year old and we have informed the hotel in advance. We were drop dead tired upon arriving. Check in was quite a let down. We were told if our room is not ready, we can use the hospitality room but they told us our room will be ready in 15 minutes and hospitality room not available. Fine.... we will wait. After 1/2 hour, they told us they need another 20-30mins and told us to wait at the restaurant. Then i asked if any rooms are available for upgrade. Our request was just ignored.
After an hour (we had our brunch whilst waiting) we were led to our room which was quite small seeing that we need space for the baby cot. The lady we brought us to our room suggested an upgrade which i got quite annoyed coz i already wanted it in the first place! Nevertheless, she was quick to show us a new room which was more than double the size of the first and we took it and quickly settled down.
After that, everything was quite alright... Just that the service level was just not there? Staffs were not as warm as we'd expect. In fact, we found the housekeeping staffs the most hospitable ones.
Our room, a suite had an amazing view! And the bathroom was awesome. A very big tub which was good for our one year old to play in because it rained all afternoons we were there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Holiday Gems, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui