Stayed at the Anantara for 2 weeks in June with my spouse.
We chose Bophut because it seemed to offer the best of both worlds: quiet with many bars and restaurants a stroll away.
We booked the hotel at a discounted price because there was some building work going on next door. I believe they were building some villas as part of the hotel.
We weren't bothered by the noise as our room was well away from the works.
The room was spacious, clean and tidy and the decoration was beautiful.
The room and cleaning service was excellent, they went the extra mile to make our stay great.
Towards the end of our stay we had to speak to the manager because some building work to fix the Full Moon roof had started, I understand it was a bit of an emergency and it needed to be completed before the rainy season. Unfortunately this meant loud noise around the pool. (The restaurant is by the pool). The manager emphatised with us and after a couple of conversations with them, work was stopped, we were impressed and delighted by this course of action as the main purpose of our holiday was to relax. We also got a free upgrade and the suite room which was great, but the standard rooms are brilliant.
The hotel was great, the food at the Full Moon restaurant fantastic. We mainly had lunch by the pool and it was superb. We had dinner in Bophut which is 2 minute walk from the hotel.
The pool side staff are incredibly attentive and on the ball.
Just a couple of things that I was expecting but I didn't get: you have to pay to use the hotel's wifi connexion and the spa prices are quite high.
Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui