“go to another hotel is the best tip i can give you”

Arayaburi Boutique Resort
Ranked #150 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I am sorry for giving late feedback for my booking back in March, 2013.

but i just have to write one

My business colleague and I booked a room with 2 beds, thinking that we could use 4 days of relaxation (after a long convention in Bangkok) on a beautiful island. We arrived at the hotel at around 8 o’clock at night. The reception girl did speak a little English, and explained to us that there is only 1 room available with 1 king size bed.

Showing her a copy of our reservation, that clearly stated 1 room, 2 beds, and breakfast, didn't help a bit. do you have a roll away bed for one night asked?

We tried to explain to her that that is not going to work. She was trying to convince us that it’s only for 1 night, and tomorrow we will change the room.do you have a roll away bed for one night asked? the answer was "no, sorry they are all in use we have many family's now"
Again, we explained to her that we will not even spend 1 night together in 1 bed. Showing her a copy of our reservation again, that clearly stated 1 room, 2 beds, and breakfast, she still wasn't helpful, or trying to be nice. i asked her to speak with the manager, her answer was sure you can……. only tomorrow morning.

To make a long, aggravating, sweaty and unpleasant story short, she called us a taxi, and we booked a room for triple the amount (since it was a last minute booking) at another hotel. We wasted almost 4 hours of our vacation/relaxation time speaking to the wall. No options or any alternatives were offered. It was clearly take it or leave it, we are fully booked and there is nothing I can do.

can i use my laptop to contact my travel agent? no WiFi connection now she said.

I do a lot of traveling, and things do not always work out or go smoothly when booking from overseas/online. But almost always, I was able to work things out, or compromise, but not this time.
A good hotel, no matter the size, location, or amount of stars, will always do it’s best to solve a problem and somehow compensate an unhappy guest, especially when it’s not the guest’s fault, but not this time. not this hotel.

Did she really expect me to share a bed with another man? ? ? :)

my suggestion,,,, don't go there, no service, no management, no internet, far from every thing, taxi will come in 30 minutes do to the distance,

Room Tip: go to another hotel is the best tip i can give you
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Arik H

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We had a 2 night stay in villa 201, and enjoyed it a lot, though the large majority of guests were Russian nationals. Rooms are nice and clean, nice restaurants for both dinner and breakfast.
An exceptional service experience was when I forgot my wallet in the room safe at check-out. We left for Phuket and realized the mistake then. After I called the hotel, they made a great effort to make sure my wallet with money, CC, personal documents were shipped to me in a save manner. Very nice experience! Thank you a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have mixed feelings about this resort.

Great location, a beautiful private beach and a nice sea facing restaurant - perfect setting for couples. It is situated 2-3 kilometers from Big Buddha, away from the all the noise at Chaweng.

Renting a bike is a must for visiting other locations in Samui. However, do not rent a bike with the hotel as it is quite expensive, around 350 B. Just opposite to the resort, there is a shop where you can rent a bike for 200 B a day. Go shopping at Bo Phut market and near Big Buddha there are many shops that sell cheap clothes and accessories.

Avoid dining at Arayaburi for your entire duration of stay as there are better options around. Though the food at the resort is 'not bad' (I would refrain from saying it is good), I found it a bit pricey. At Bo Phut beach (original fisherman's village), there are many good restaurants serving all cuisines - Thai, American, Italian, Indian etc. Good food @ good price.

Now the negatives: The room was full of mosquitoes, and small lizards. The staff was good, barring one gentleman (at the reception desk) who was rude and did not treat us well.

Overall, good experience @ Arayaburi Resort.

Room Tip: Superior Villas are close to the main reception area and not too far from the private beach and rest...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank R_Vora82
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Our expectations were not very high when you pay US$85 for a seaside bungalow but it sure is great value! Buildings bit dated but the beach is amazing. Low season in Thailand so not many people in the Hotel or the Beach. Hotel restaurant surprisingly good but stick with their Thai food! Only complaint that wifi not strong enough for bungalows at the edge of property

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jamie_tours
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at arayaburi. The view is great, the beach is ok and it is quiet. So far so good.

This place however did not provide me a holiday feeling. Although staff is very 'helpful', it is because they have to, it lacks atmosphere. Second of all, it is expensive and you need to pay extra for quite a lot of things (like playing 25 mins of mini golf). Resto is ok, but way overpriced. No alternatives around, so thats a bummer.

Rooms are quite large, but old. Bathroom seemed amazing on photos, in reality it was not that charming. Staff barely speaks english.

To conclude, i did not enjoy my stay since i felt being ripped off continuously.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Demus88
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Quiet (excepts for the multitude of insect sounds)
Pros
+ Friendly staff
+ Decently priced drinks in your room mini bar
+ Nice breakfast spread for its pricing
+ Nice spring King Sized bed that's firm
+ Transportation to & from the lobby to your chalet.

Cons
- Air conditioning insufficient for the rooms. Air only reaches the end of the bed so you need to sleep the other wa around to get some cool air.
- Needs a bit of renovations/refurbishment work
- Bit far (well... Not more than 10 mins drive to the Fishing Village Night Market that is on Friday nights)

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at Arayaburi which is a lovely quiet location away from the hussle and bussle of Bophut or Chaweng. The beach is lovely and the outside beach space is great for kids and families. We booked a beach front room but when we arrived the hotel said this wasn't available. They had actually given the beach front room to a wedding party. We were not best pleased as they had confirmed the booking via email. We talked to the staff and they promised us a beach front room the next day. We stayed in a garden room for one night which was nothing special. However the beach front room was amazing and so easy for me and my family to relax. The food was very good but expensive for Thailand. Breakfast wasn't the best, stewed coffee and strange selection of buffet food (sweet and sour fish, mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets for example). Bar drinks were expensive but they did have a happy hour, the minibar prices were reasonable and there is a local shop that sells beer, wine, nibbles and ice creams. The lady in the shop was great and when I didn't have enough to pay one day she let me pay next day.
The hotel runs a cheap taxi service which is invaluable if you want to go anywhere. These could be booked. Taxi's in Samui are expensive compared to other parts of Thailand.
Really relaxing stay and compared to the Six Senses resort which is situated nearby a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are excellent but the others are nothing special.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family