Six Senses Samui
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
View Hotel
Bay Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)
View Hotel
All reviewsdining on the rockshideaway villapool villaour honeymoonhill restaurantguest experience makeroutdoor showerkoh samuiprivate butlerfour seasonsthe general managermain restaurantmosquito coilsocean frontmain poolbanyan treeoverlooking the sea
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is an absolutely fab place to stay, we have just returned from a 10 night stay. We arrived about 10 am and although previously told our villa may not be ready, it was. We were met by Chi our gem (guest experience maker/butler). She is amazing nothing too much trouble. We were given drinks and cool towels at check in. We had a pool villa no 34 lovely views and very private, in fact all the villas are laid out in such away that they are all very secluded. There was a sunken bath, outdoor shower the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We opened blinds every night before we went to sleep so we coud wake up to the amazing views. Attention to detail was extremely good usual shampoo conditioner etc plus after sun mosquitoe repellant, umbrellas and even a waterproof jacket (not that this was needed weather fab)! Food was excellent loads of choice at breakfast. I'm veggie and no problems there at all. We hired a car for the whole stay so most evenings we went out to eat, loads of places to choose, Fishermans village being the main place we went to. Happy hour between 3 and 5 lovely cocktails. Although we had a pool villa sun was off the decking by about 2.30 so we then went to either the main pool which was gorgeous always plenty of sun loungers or the beach again plenty of sun loungers. Had a couple of massages and facials again they were excellent, in beautiful surroundings, Theres a well equiped gym. Anyway would totally recommend Six Senses Samui for an awesome holiday, staff definitely go the extra mile to make your stay perfect and the place is fab. One other thing try the Zip Lining great experience.

Room Tip: Would definitely go for a pool villa. They are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SixSensesSamui, Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Tabsleics

Thank you for your fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us. We are proud and happy that you had an amazing time with us and from what we can see you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the resort. Once again thank you for the glowing review and we sincerely hope we could welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I spent a lot of time researching which resorts on Samui for our wedding and all of the major resorts seemed to have great packages and pictures, but Six Senses stood apart from the rest because of its understated rustic elegance, service, and gorgeous views. From start to finish, it was a pleasure working on our wedding details with Khun Air. She was really helpful in selecting the final final details and anticipating and planning for things that I hadn't even begun to think about. Before arriving at Six Senses I was a little worried because I had no idea what to expect, but I was immediately put at ease when we checked in because Khun Air was one of the first people that came out to greet us and she immediately put our minds at ease by providing us with a plan and letting us know that we could reach her at any time. After that Khun Pu, or amazing butler, came over and introduced herself to us and whisked us away to our beautiful pool villa overlooking the ocean. Everything was beautiful and it seemed like the room and everything in it had been purposefully placed and planned to make our stay as peaceful and zen as possible. Please don't let the other reviews lead you to believe this place is anything but amazing!

My husband's parents put together a rehearsal dinner the night before and everything went really smoothly: the celebrant met with us and walked through everything; our dinner at Dining on the Rocks was both beautiful and delicious (the Head Chief even came out to introduce himself to us and offer his best wishes for our special occasion); and finally, the service was amazing, with the exception of a few minor issues that don't even warrant further detail.

Our wedding day was perfectly planned. Everyone commented that our wedding location was breathtaking and that I did an awesome job planning (little did they know that Khun Air and Six Senses really did most of it). Honestly, the wedding was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more!!!!

Additionally, Khun Pu was incredible. She even topped up our phone for us and had our boarding passes printed and ready before our check out!

Definitely stay at Six Senses Samui!!!!! Also, the breakfast is not to be missed!!!

1  Thank Chloe K
SixSensesSamui, Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Chloe
Thank you for your fantastic review regarding your recent stay & wedding at Six Senses Samui. It was a truly memorable occasion and you looked stunning! We are delighted and proud that we delivered on our promise of a unforgettable day at Six Senses Samui. May your life together be filled with lots of love & happiness. We would love to see you back here again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

There are good points and not so good.This is a well run,laid back resort.The staff are keen to please and care about you.Having said that our greeting at night was not as other people were greeted.We saw new guests being offered a drink,we were offered a cool towel.
We found the food excellent,especially the Thai food and Dining on the Rocks.We had prepaid our evening meal and didn't have to pay extra to eat at Dining on the Rocks.Service was generally very good,occasionally slow.
The beach was okay,but not somewhere I would want to spend all my time on.The building work opposite was a bit off putting.
The views from the swimming pool was lovely and gorgeous sunsets.Cocktails were excellent,although nibbles would have been a nice touch.
Housekeeping was excellent, and I loved the little scented pillow with essential oils.
The lemongrass shower gel and body lotion was so good that I bought the bottles so I can continue using it at home.
The public areas are all clean and well kept.The main bar area is a bit small and 3 tables have computers,which is a bit off putting.
The spa was great, with fabulous massages.
One reason we choose Six senses was that we like the daily Pilates etc.Serge was superb,the other practitioners were all okay.Although the Tai Chi was poor.
My two small gripes would be the Mosquitos which I think get you during the day, despite covering myself in everything known to man I still had 13 bites.They seem to be exceptionally small and hard to see!!
There are regular planes on the side with the swimming pool,the only time I really noticed them was the &.50 wake up plane.
I would recommend this Six senses resort, but for me I preferred Nin Van Bay in Vietnam.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the pool side of the peninsula, away from the restaurants.Some private pools are shady,so make sure yours will be sunny!

Dear Avant Guard
Thank you for your overall glowing review regarding your recent stay at Six Senses Samui. We are delighted that you had such a great time but equally sorry to hear that the Tai Chi was not up to standard and the mosquitoes got to you. Unfortunately mosquitoes are all over the tropics, some days more than other depending on the weather and its virtually impossible to escape it. We are very active in trying to reduce the amount of mosquitoes around the resort by means of daily fogging & spraying. Thank you once again and we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for a week recently and it was just wonderful. The service is amazing; the staff go out of their way to make the entire experience wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. i had my 16 year old son and elderly mother with me and they made the stay so enjoyable for all of us. The spa is one of the best things about the resort - it was a complete relaxation experience with great massages. The views around the resort are so gorgeous that there is no need to go anywhere to enjoy the whole island experience. Dawid, the resort manager, was incredibly generous with his time and fabulous holiday tips - we would definitely recommend people stay here for a luxurious and relaxing break. The pool is also amazing - the longest of any hotel I've stayed in which is great for swimming laps. The restaurant on the rocks was also really beautiful. The food across the board was excellent - we only ate away from the resort once in a week which is unusual for us. All in all, a great luxury holiday experience.

Room Tip: Be prepared to navigate the wooden steps up from the villas - not too taxing and great exercise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ahstrip
SixSensesSamui, Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Ahstrip
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at Six Senses Samui. We are delighted that you had a great time and particularly enjoyed our award winning spa & the delicious food in our restaurants. It's comforting to know that Grandmother, Mother & Son all had a great time and it is proof that there is something at Six Senses Samui for all ages. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Exclusive hideaway resort with a great spa lying on a hillside overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, this resort has an outdoor restaurant and a bar that hanged on a hillside with fantastic sea view. The cottage has a private swimming pool and was very comfortable for relaxing. Unfortunately, the resort was full when I checked out otherwise I would stayed a few extra day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SixSensesSamui, Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Agkarajit
Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted that you had a great time and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again in the near future.