This is a fantastic hotel, set in a secluded location amongst the greenery of the forest. We were collected by the Six Senses vehicle, including cold wet towels and water and promptly dropped at the hotel. We had emailed a few days prior to arrange early check in and villa on the sunset side and these were all agreed to with no fuss.
We were greeted by our GEM Tong as soon as we arrived, taken to the bar for a welcome drink and then shown to our pool villa. The villas are very large, with a bedroom with air con and then a separate bathroom with bath, day bed and then outdoor shower. Downstairs is the pool and sun loungers and day beds.
I’ve read some reviews complaining about air con noise and condition of the wood is looking dated but I have to totally disagree, I think the condition was great bearing in mind the humidity and amount of use the villas get. The hotel provides anti mosquito devices in the room, nets and fogs the resort a number of times a day. The chances are you will get bitten if you don’t spray yourself or apply the cream the hotel provides.
Another great thing about Six Senses was the fact you get to choose when your room is cleaned(twice a day) and the type of scent you want on the bed. These things really allow you to relax as the hotel fits in around you.
The breakfast are amazing. Everything is so fresh and the choice is plentiful. The cooked breakfast is ordered and the delivered to your table, again just the little things that help you to relax.
The evening menu is varied and prices compare well to those outside the resort, especially when you add on shuttle and taxi costs. Dining on the Rocks is a must, incredible food in an amazing setting.
All the staff are very attentive and friendly, always have a smile on their face. You are visited by your GEM every morning where you can discuss any plans or ask for ideas. Tong was great, always so happy and did everything in such an efficient manner. David the manager was always around helping out and willing to speak to guests, something more hotels should strive for.
Pool & Beach
The pool is amazing. One of the best infinity pools I've seen and do to the fact most guests have their own pools it’s never crowded or loud, a perfect place to relax. There is a drink and food service too at the pool whenever required.
As mentioned in other posts the beach isn’t great and there is building work on the other side of the bay, so we didn’t really venture round there too much.
My Wife and I had a number of treatments and were all very good and never felt rushed.
We had an amazing stay, and lived up to our high expectations. As long as you go expecting a rustic resort I cannot see how you could not love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Destinology, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut