“Fabulous resort, incredible pool villa and wonderful staff”
Review of Six Senses Samui

Six Senses Samui
Ranked #14 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous resort, incredible pool villa and wonderful staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Six Senses Samui for our engagement and were absolutely blown away by it. The pictures on the website looked amazing but even they didn't do it justice, a view to die for and villas nothing short of spectacular. The staff were an absolute credit to everyone involved, especially our GEM Aon, the friendliness, service and willingness to help was on a level I've rarely experienced. I feel like the resort has the perfect blend between natural/eco and luxury. I would love to return one day and will definitely visit another Six Senses Resort after this.

The only negative was housekeeping never changed the bed linen despite several requests to do so but that's hardly a fault compared to all the positives.

1 Thank CharlesH604
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear CharlesH604
Thank you for your candid remarks on a recent visit to six senses koh samui, my team and i are very pleased to see that you had such a wonderful time with us, enjoying the ambiance of your villa, and the tentative service from Khun Aon your guest experience maker. I have discussed your remarks regarding the changing of your bed linen with our housekeeping team and they send there apologies. We do hope that we can welcome you back in the not to distant future, should you have any enquiries do not hesitate to contact me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
David Ashworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Having travelled around Thailand we were very much looking forward to a week on the beach with our 6 year old daughter. The rooms are very well laid out and can easily accommodate a child. If you are travelling with more than one child, there is larger accommodation which works very well with a family of 4. I think the Villas in the pool are great but I found my daughter and her friend were far keener to be at the main pool or on the beach. As a couple it is not relevant but as a family I would opt for being nearer pool or beach.

The food and bar are great, and having experienced the cuisine at a nearby hotel, I realised we were very lucky. Breakfast is fantastic and sets you up for the day. We ate both in the hotel and in the local town. I would very much suggest trying some of the restaurants near the beach. The recommendations from the hotel were spot on with regard to the required standard and location.

The staff were extremely helpful, sadly I cannot recall the name of our butler but she was brilliant and our daughter loved her. The general manager, David Ashworth, was not only accommodating and helpful, he took a real interest in the guests and their opinions on how to improve what is already a good product. Which I understand will even be improved this year.

I hope you enjoy the resort as much as we did.

Kevin

Room Tip: Choose a room near the pool and restaurants or the beach. We did not use our pool in the villa.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin H
Dear Kevin H,
Thank you for your candid feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, very nice to see that you had such a wonderful time with your family, especially enjoying our large selection of food at breakfast, and variety of dishes in our main restaurants. I have also passed on your kind remarks to your guest experience manager. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again, or at another six senses. If you should require any further assistance kindly contact me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a fantastic hotel, set in a secluded location amongst the greenery of the forest. We were collected by the Six Senses vehicle, including cold wet towels and water and promptly dropped at the hotel. We had emailed a few days prior to arrange early check in and villa on the sunset side and these were all agreed to with no fuss.

Room

We were greeted by our GEM Tong as soon as we arrived, taken to the bar for a welcome drink and then shown to our pool villa. The villas are very large, with a bedroom with air con and then a separate bathroom with bath, day bed and then outdoor shower. Downstairs is the pool and sun loungers and day beds.

I’ve read some reviews complaining about air con noise and condition of the wood is looking dated but I have to totally disagree, I think the condition was great bearing in mind the humidity and amount of use the villas get. The hotel provides anti mosquito devices in the room, nets and fogs the resort a number of times a day. The chances are you will get bitten if you don’t spray yourself or apply the cream the hotel provides.

Another great thing about Six Senses was the fact you get to choose when your room is cleaned(twice a day) and the type of scent you want on the bed. These things really allow you to relax as the hotel fits in around you.

Restaurants

The breakfast are amazing. Everything is so fresh and the choice is plentiful. The cooked breakfast is ordered and the delivered to your table, again just the little things that help you to relax.

The evening menu is varied and prices compare well to those outside the resort, especially when you add on shuttle and taxi costs. Dining on the Rocks is a must, incredible food in an amazing setting.

All the staff are very attentive and friendly, always have a smile on their face. You are visited by your GEM every morning where you can discuss any plans or ask for ideas. Tong was great, always so happy and did everything in such an efficient manner. David the manager was always around helping out and willing to speak to guests, something more hotels should strive for.

Pool & Beach

The pool is amazing. One of the best infinity pools I've seen and do to the fact most guests have their own pools it’s never crowded or loud, a perfect place to relax. There is a drink and food service too at the pool whenever required.

As mentioned in other posts the beach isn’t great and there is building work on the other side of the bay, so we didn’t really venture round there too much.

Spa

My Wife and I had a number of treatments and were all very good and never felt rushed.

Overall

We had an amazing stay, and lived up to our high expectations. As long as you go expecting a rustic resort I cannot see how you could not love this place.

Room Tip: We choose sunset side and loved it, was close to the main pool and restuarants
1 Thank gj23
Dear gj23,
Many thanks for your candid feedback on a recent visit to six senses samui, my team and I are really pleased that you had such a wonderful time, with special thanks to your guest experience maker Khun Tong, so nice to see that you especially enjoyed the lovely ambiance in your villa, the good food in our restaurants, spa, pool and beach. We really look forward to welcoming you back to samui or one of our sister properties in the not to distant future. Should you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is awesome! We enjoyed our villa with the private pool very much. We hope we will return again soon. We had come here for a wedding. The only thing we were upset about was that our laptop got stolen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nathan S
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Nathan S,
Thank you for your candid remarks on a recent visit to Six Senses Koh Samui, we are very pleased to see that you had such a wonderful time, enjoying your private pool and villa experience. On another note my team and I noted you had a missing laptop, could you kindly advise me if it went missing whilst travelling, do keep in touch by contacting me personally on gm-samui@sixsenses.com
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just returned home from a 7 night stay at the Six Senses on Koh Samui and we are already missing it. Our Ocean View Pool Villa was very spacious and was situated in the resort's lovely grounds that are constantly tended to. There is access to a nice beach area and a glorious infinity pool. It is out of the way of the main towns of Fisherman's Village and Chaeweng, but a shuttle service is provided every evening for a small fee.

The service is outstanding and we can not praise our "butler" Chiaki enough. She ensured that our every need was catered for from arranging transport, making bookings and caring for our general well being throughout our stay.

The food and service at Dining on the Hill restaurant was excellent, with a range of Thai and international options. Whilst Drinks on the Hill provided a serene area to enjoy a wide variety of drinks.

The Dining on the Rocks restaurant was a wonderful experience, with outstanding service (please refer to separate review).

We would recommend anyone visiting Koh Samui to consider Six Senses

Dear Nigel B
Many thanks for your candid remarks on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui. My team and I are very pleased to see that you had such a wonderful time, with special thanks to Chiaki your guest experience maker and our executive chef for the wonderful food that you enjoyed so much. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the not to distant future. Should you require any further information kindly contact me personally at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Six Senses and it was wonderful. Everything was very subtle & relaxed but at the same time there was attention to detail & people were nice. Drinks on the hill had some of the best cocktails, great thai food at dining on the hill and we also had a meet & greet session with the hotel staff over drinks on a friday which was a particularly nice gesture on their part. The villa was very comfortable and we actually enjoyed the outdoors showers and the whole vibe. The infinity pool is amazing and the spa was the highlight of our trip. I want to particularly mention the spa therapists (Koy if i remember correctly) who were all excellent and we used the spa every day as a result. Also a special thanks to the pool boys who were very pleasant and respected privacy. Thanks David & team for a memorable stay and we will surely want to visit another six senses property after staying at samui.

Room Tip: I would not pay too much extra for a pool villa since the infinity pool itself is beautiful and has...
1 Thank AAB82
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear AAB82,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Koh Samui, we are all delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us, especially enjoying cocktails and the fine selection of Thai food at Dining on the Hill. I have especially passed on your regards to Khun Koy our Spa Therapist, and our pool boys for there attentive but discreet service. We really look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, should you need any further information do not hesitate to contact me directly on gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We have just left the six senses after a 4 night stay & we were more than happy with the resort. Our villa was the best we have ever seen and the large infinity was lovely. Food and drinks were fantastic and the bar on the hill a real comfort to relax in. We miss this place & hope to return again some day. Thanks for everything six senses.

R & B

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rconlon
Dear Rconlon
Thank you for the valuable feedback from a recent visit to Six Senses Koh Samui, my team and I are very pleased to see that you had such a wonderful time with us, especially enjoying the comfort of your villa, and the fantastic selection of food and drinks. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Six Senses experience, should you wish to have any further information kindly contact me directly on gm-samui@sixsenses.com
David Ashworth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Six Senses Samui? Share your experiences!