1,025 results
All reviews dining on the rocks pool villa hideaway villa our honeymoon hill restaurant guest experience maker personal butler outdoor shower koh samui main infinity pool four seasons ocean front mosquito net main restaurant spa treatments overlooking the sea luxury resort
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My wife and I spent 8 days at the best place in the world, Six Sences Hidaway resort
in Koh Samui from the moment we arrrived we were treated like royalty, we were met at reception by the General Manager David, nothing was too hard and I every whim was fullfilled with a genuine enthusiasm. The food was to die for Mark The head chef is ammazing even breakfast which is usually a good buffet fails in comparison to the unbeleilable spread every morning every single taste was catered for. I can,t say enough about the resort and the people who run it we will be going back every year to see are great friends
Mark & Helen Dainton Sydney Australia

Date of stay: April 2010
Reviewed 2 May 2010

one of the nicest beach resort hotel I have ever stayed.

Date of stay: January 2008
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Great place and great service but it is very excluded that you miss some company after a while...

Great Staff...

Date of stay: April 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We spent 7 nights here at the end of March/beginning of April 2010. Koh Samui suffers from overdevelopment but this is a quiet bolthole which seems quite remote from it all and yet is no more than 15 minutes away from the nightlife of Chaweng or Bophut if that's what you fancy. We loved it.
The staff were so friendly and helpful. Our "butler" (that is a silly title, they are really in house guides) Pia was especially helpful.
The location is gorgeous - so are the grounds and the food. We never dined there in the evening but the food at both breakfast and lunch was excellent as were the always smiling staff. It is easy to get to town for dinner in the evening and there is a huge range of restaurants to choose from. We liked the Thai restaurants best but it is definitely worth trying the Page restaurant at the Library hotel if only for the setting and the cool vibe. We thought the Library looked so stylish but we were glad that we were not staying there as Chaweng is endlessly noisy with fireworks going off well into the early hours.
There is noise too at Six Senses - the constant chatter of insects and birds but that is heaven compared with the mayhem of Chaweng.
It is true that the air conditioners are noisy at night and we found them difficult to regulate but I think the noise is to be expected when you have individual villas like this -each one with its own air conditioning machine.
The villas themselves are very attractive with wonderful views across the sea from huge picture windows. We had a pool villa suite which was very spacious and had its own private pool. I had thought in advance that a pool of this size would not be up to much but was very pleasantly surprised. You really can swim in it although if you prefer there is a full size pool on site with stunning views across the sea towards Koh Phangan.
It is true that the villas are not insect proof and we were bitten quite a lot but I think that happened more in open air restaurants at night off site than it did in the villas (where there is a constant supply of repellant of various kinds available).
One thing to note is that this is a very hilly resort. There must have been 40 or more steps down to our villa and about 80 or so down to the pretty beach. In the tropical heat that can be a little tiring but it's a small price to pay for such a wonderful setting. This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever encountered and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2010
3  Thank Irishguest
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This was my first Six Senses experience having stayed at many other luxury properties/resorts worldwide and we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived at Koh Samui airport where we were met by the hotel representative until they dropped us back to the airport following our nine day stay the service and quality was outstanding. The pool villa was stunning with a secluded location and amazing views. I cannot compliment the staff highly enough the service was unobtrusive, sincere and outstanding. We were also very impressed with the management team who seemed to have a constant presence around the resort whether helping to clear tables after breakfast or just chatting to staff and guests. The spa area is beautiful and although I only used it once the experience was excellent. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and as people who know and appreciate good food we were more than impressed (takes a lot). The quality and service in the restaurants was also excellent and although prices were certainly a little higher than in the local villages it was still very good value for the quality of food and choice of dishes available and well worth it as the resort is so relaxing you do not want to leave in the evening. Dining on the Rocks is an amazing restaurant with fantastic views and excellent quality imaginative food, Dining on the Hill is equally excellent in a more casual setting.

One thing to watch though, the tours and excursions booked though the hotel are totally totally overpriced and in my opinion not worth the money unless you want to pay for a very expensive babysitter, don’t get me wrong the guides are lovely but you really do not need a guide on Koh Samui and you can book excellent trips in the local towns by just doing a little research before you travel for a tenth of the price. You can also book the hotel cars to take you and collect you from anywhere on the island.

All in all a wonderful experience – we have a number of preferred hotel groups worldwide and Six Senses have definitely joined our top five. Thank you Six Senses Hideaway Samui and we look forward to returning in the future.

Date of stay: March 2010