Me and my husband spent a long time planning our honeymoon, as we wanted to make sure we would get the best honeymoon possible.
After countless hours of research, the choice landed on Thailand.
We chose Zazen based on thorough research and tripadvisor reviews, and were counting down the time for 10 days in a Garden Villa.
From the moment we were picked up at the airport, we realised that we had made an amazing choice. The hotel is like a magical garden/forest with the most amazing smells and sounds, our Villa litterally brought a tear to my eye, what an amazing sight! Being our honeymoon the room had been decorated beautifully, and we were both in awe during our tour around our villa and the property.
This was the beginning of 10 days in paradise on earth!
The staff was so friendly and helpful, we did not have a single bad experience whilst staying here.
The breakfast is one of the things that stands our the most, aside from our villa and location/surroundings, we are big foodies and the breakfast was AMAZING!
The fresh juices, fruit, breads, danish, spreads, the breakfast made-to-order menu and the view... Wow!
Every monday the managment arranges a meet and greet, where they serve drinks and canapees while mingling with their guests, a great idea and a really lovely touch.
On our last night we decided to dress up and have a proper dinner at the restaurant, I had the lobster decadence menu whilst my husband chose the discover thailand meat menu - the food was to die for!!!
We would absolutely reccomend the restaurant for an amazing meal!!
We truly cannot fault anything, but would prepare guests for the occational visit from a gekko or two in the bathroom (which we just found charming), and slightly murky water on the beach. This did not deterierate our visit one bit, we are definately coming back!!
Thank you so much Zazen for giving us a truly amazing honeymoon, upon departure day to Phangan we were terrified that our next hotel would not come close to perfection, as Zazen did.
Our only regret is that we were unable to arrange shipping with thai post for the wooden ladder placed in the bathroom (and sold in the shop), as we would have LOVED to bring that piece home as a physical, lasting memory of our honeymoon in heaven on earth.
Mr & Mrs Theodorou
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut