This is one of the worst experiences I have had traveling in Asia (which I have done for many years). The restaurant reheated my food, they quoted me a price for having the room half a day extra and when I went to the reception they said they had made a mistake and wanted to charge me another 1000 THB. The receptionist was making the argument that prices on Agoda was not "real" prices. It is suppose to be a great spa but I had a sport massage (2000 THB) and was very clear in explaining that I did not want thai massage and that I wanted a really strong massage. The girl had no idea about muscles or how not to use elbows and kept doing it despite me telling her. When they picked me up at the boat the driver did not offer to carry my bags even though I had to walk about 5 minutes (so strange). I had a really bad earinfection and they recomended a hospital that was not the most professional and did not even inform me that I would have a difficult time getting a taxi back to the hotel. When I was going to use the computer the women said: "if you are staying at the hotel" (like I would have come in from the street and found the computers). Another night the girl in the gift shop kept speaking on the phone and did not even bother asking if I needed some assistance. The open air bathrooms have lots of mosquitos and the door was tricky to close and the rooms are so close and someone is always outside. It is quite isolated, the beach has quite a few fishing boats. It is far to walk to Fisherman's village and very difficult to find taxis. I was on my way to stay at another hotel after arguing with the reception about changing the quoted priced and felt really miserabe due to my bad earinfection (was flying that night and really worried about my ear drums) then I asked to speak to the manager. He was really nice and great and he let me have the room for free the rest of the day, did not have to pay for the reheated dinner. I just think it is strange that the staff was so rude and I think the manager should fire the majority of the staff since many of them have such a bad attitude. I think the high recomendations is due to the fact that many of the people staying here are young couples in love and I'm sure they don't notice anything. I never had this experience before that the majority of the staff is rude at a hotel. It was a horrible experience especially since I was sick. Some of the staff at the bar were nice. I would never stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut