We stayed at Zazen hotel for our wedding in August 2014. It’s an absolutely beautiful hotel with stunning grounds, and we’re so happy that we decided on Zazen hotel above all others. It’s in a very good location – in Bophut within walking distance of Fisherman’s village (the Friday night market in the Fisherman’s Village is a very good experience!), and a 10-15 minute drive from Chewang. There are lots to do, yet it’s still nice and quiet, and is at the end of Bophut beach which gives more privacy.
We ate breakfast here every day and we had lunch here twice, plus we had our wedding dinner at Zazen – and the food is delicious! Breakfast not only consisted of the usual fruit, cereal, toast etc, but there was also a made-to-order breakfast menu which included Western breakfast, Thai breakfast and sweet food (like pancakes and waffles). All of our guests commented on how nice the wedding dinner was.
Prior to August 2014, we had never been to Koh Samui, so we had no idea which venue to choose. I contacted various hotels that specialise in weddings, but Zazen came up top in terms of the location, the stunning scenery and their wedding co-coordinator, Rio, who was amazing! I communicated with her via email over the year that we planned our wedding, and I always felt reassured that she had our best interests at heart, and that she was extremely knowledgeable and organised. I think that it’s very important to have a good wedding planner, and Rio was beyond my expectations. I can’t thank her enough for making our wedding day so special and stress-free.
We haven’t received our professional wedding photographs or video yet, but the photos that our friends and family took are beautiful! We can only imagine how stunning the professional photos and video would look. In addition to thanking Rio, I would also like to thank Khun Art (who did my hair and make-up so beautifully), Khun Toa (our photographer), Khun Noot (our videographer), Johnny (our celebrant, who kept us all calm when it was raining for 20 minutes after I walked down the aisle) and the Night Sessions (Pete and Alex – our duo musicians who were incredible!).
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to see our wedding photos or video highlights or would like any further details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut