“Nice Room - Close to the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Montien House

Montien House
Ranked #73 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice Room - Close to the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during the full moon party, arrived and the staff were friendly. Room nice and clean, as expected for the price. Not a lot going on but not too far from the action. Decent pool beside the beach. Buffet breakfast was okay but nothing special. Would recommend.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am a solo female traveller. This hotel has no phone in the room, no tea and coffee making facilities and wifi non existent, except maybe for 5 min here and there throughout the day. I found pool area dated and unattractive and spent most of my time further down the beach. I stayed in a bungalow which was dated but comfortable Good air-conditioning. I cannot comment on staff as I barely saw them. I have family in area though so I guess I didn't need any travel advice or tips from them. It had a nice veranda to relax on and dry beach gear. Lots of mossies though! Also my credit card was charged twice at this hotel which I did not discover until I arrived home. I stayed at Panupong apartment's at quarter of the price for two nights and had ten times better wifi! Any young person wanting to be close to the bustle of Chaweng and looking for discount accommodation I would suggest staying there instead. Might be slightly noisy but worth the saving. You can cross the road and pay a few hundred baht for full use of Ark Bars pool area which is much nicer then Montiens. Or stay at Ark Bar which is good value. Also to add the reception area is odd, just an office! I wasn't sure it was reception and my taxi driver wanted to drop me on the main street and walk with luggage to entrance! I had no complaints with breakfast and I can not comment on other food as I never ate there, So many great places to eat if you go exploring. I can highly recommend The Green Bird which is quite close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rozianne
Bollington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is great. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is unbeatable and the breakfast is really, really good!
The only little minus is that our room was quite damp and had a mouldy smell to it. We stayed in the deluxe building, on the ground floor. The rooms were very nice, but everything inside was damp. Also, at night when we turned the lights off there was a fan that was also switched off, resulting in no air in the room. We ended up sleeping with the lights on. Despite this I will still recommend the hotel as everything else was nearly perfect :)

They have some bungalows / villas with private pools that look amazing! I'd ask for a quiet one though, as some of them are bothered by noise from the Arkbar down the beach.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced, comfortable hotel within walking distance to everything, this is it!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, some are bothered by noise from the beach bars.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff go above and beyond for the guests. It's a great location, close to bars and restaurants and is also on the beach. The restaurant on site is very good and the breakfast is lovely! I would highly recommend Montien House and especially dinner on the beach in the evening

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank YummyRashers
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

In the center of chaweng but so quiet. Beautiful bungalow, very clean , in the middle of nice garden. They have a pool good also for children. All the staff is so gentile and kindly. Good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Beautiful position quiet and good price
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in what was a very simple,but totally ideal for us, bungalow, in the lovely tropical garden at Montien House. Each day we enjoyed breakfast overlooking the beach before taking up our spot by the pool. The beach directly adjacent to the resort was not ideal for swimming but it was a walk of only a couple of hundred metres to the more delightful part of the beach.We did look at resorts on this part of the beach but considered that Montien House presented the best value for us.
The only down sides were poor wifi and we did get a bit of noise from the Ark Bar at night time. However we were very satisfied with our holiday and will definitely stay at Montien House again.

Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice hotel in the very center of local life, but still very private and comfortable. Restaurant of this hotel IMHO is best on all shore line of Chaweng beach. First time ever I had brekfast on site and it is absolute superb in menu and taste. Stuff of the hotel is friendly and helpful.
Be careful not to buy speedboat trip to National marine park from the GOHOLODAYGO that is located on the main street not far for the hotel. GOHOLYDAYGO owned by Turkish guy (see photo) and has TripAdviser symbol but it is scam. Trick is easy. The guy and his wife are charming, twang a guitar, fluent chatting... etc. He offers you trip on few last days of your stay in Samui. Than they postpone trip on the very last day, than you will hear tale of woe, their apologies and money back offer. They offer to bring your money back directly to you in your hotel... you just seat and wait in your room but you will never see the owner and your money again.

Room Tip: Villa with private pool is the best of this hotel
3 Thank SergeyTripAdSergey