“A truly great experience...”

Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Walsall, United Kingdom
“A truly great experience...”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed at the Bo Phut Resort & Spa for 9 nights (in fact, I'm writing this review on our last evening here!) and can only agree with the vast majority of reviews already posted - what a truly great place!!

From the moment we arrived it was clear that they have things well set up for delivering a high quality, relaxing and memorable stay for those looking for a peaceful quiet resort which prides itself on quality not quantity (being a small hotel with only 61 rooms/villas..)

On arrival, we were delighted to be upgraded from our garden villa to a fabulous pool villa which was the best hotel accommodation we have ever stayed in (and we've been lucky enough to stay in some very nice places around the world..) It was relaxation all the way and we have nothing but positive comments in respect of every service provided, whether that be on front desk, restaurant, waiting staff, cleaning, gardeners etc (they are all so genuinely nice!)

Both the hotel restaurants are very nice - L'Ocean being right on the beachfront and Sala Thai within a few steps of our villa in the centre of the resort. That said, the quality of the food in Sala Thai is really top notch and although we did consider eating out at local restaurants more, we mostly ate on site in the evenings as we knew the quality was first class and in many respects the price difference to other places wasn't all that great (we'd read in some reports that the prices were much dearer than the hotel but we really didn't find this to be the case..) The wine is expensive but it is anywhere in this part of the world...

The Hotel Spa is relatively expensive compared to some other local establishments (which we did try) but the quality is superb if you don't mind paying that bit extra..

Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in a quality environment with wonderful staff and food..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Helmsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My son and daughter in law recently got married here and the perfomance of the staff was very poor, the treatment of the many guest who were all staying here was unpleasant and the plug was pulled on the music at 11pm. Perhaps this hotel should not do wedding its certainly not their strong point. Dont get married here, it will be very expensive and not worth your money

Room Tip: dont get married here
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank hennygarbutt
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I've never written a review before but I feel this hotel really deserves a good one after the fabulous holiday I've just had there.

Everything about this hotel was perfect. Firstly the staff are outstanding. From the reception staff to the gardeners, cleaners, all of them. They really went out of their way to help you, or to stop and say hello. They are exceptionally polite, respectful and really sweet. Thanks to Apple and Denish who helped me sort out my boarding pass on my last day.

The location of the hotel is good. Previous reviewers suggest it's a good ten minutes walk to Fishermans Village. I would say it's less. It's best to walk along the beach as it's so beautiful at night with the twinkly lights. Also, I think it has the best part of the beach too.

Some of the reviewers comment about the beach and sea not being that great, and I nearly didn't choose this resort on Samui for this reason. I actually thought Bophut beach was very pretty. Also, it was never crowded, so it's very relaxing. Yes, the sand is coarse but I didn't see that as a big deal. I have been to Carribbean beaches that are whiter/softer etc , but it still is a pretty beach. The sea isn't transparent, but again it's still blue and nice enough.

The food in the hotel is good. I've had better buffet breakfasts, but I would still say it's pretty good. We ate in L'Ocean and that was excellent and a nice setting overlooking the sea. I ate at the Thai one which was fairly good and not expensive. We ate in the Fishermans Village quite a few times (Krua was good). But to be honest you don't even need to go down there every night. We found little inexpensive places near to the hotel on the beach, or on the road behind. One which was good value on the beach close to the hotel was a little one in front of the Lawana Resort on the beach. They set up a few tables which is in a really nice setting, and the food was good for about £3 for a main course. We also found plenty of bars to choose from on the beach which for me was just perfect. Sitting on a deckchair or bean bags facing the sea, sipping cheap cocktails, watching people setting lanterns off. Doesn't get much better! Bophut at night on the beach is so relaxing and has a lovely chilled atmosphere.

Another issue which alot of people commented about at this resort was the mosquitoes. Yes there are alot, probably because the resort is in such lush gardens but as long as you don't sleep with the doors open you should be ok. We did the first night and got bit. After that we didn't quite as much. But don't let it put you off going to the resort.

We stayed in a Deluxe Garden Room (standard room) and it was of a very high standard for the rate. It was very big, very stylishly furnished, lots of attention to detail, and had a lovely big balcony. I don't think you need to pay the extra for other type of rooms having viewed them.

So overall I would say this hotel was excellent. It was far better than I had expected having researched all of the comparable hotels in Bophut. I popped into the Bandara and Anantara to have a look and I would say that I definately made the right choice. Bophut had the edge. I have never experienced the high level of servicei at any hotel I have ever stayed at. Book Bophut Resort and Spa! You'll have a lovely time.

1 Thank sweetpeakirk
uk
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We stayed for 11 days at this hotel. I cannot find a fault. From the moment we arrived and shown personally to our room to when we left it was perfect. The housekeeping standard is very high.
The staff are friendly, professional , respectful, helpful and polite beyond belief. I particularly noted Apple, Som, Kom and Desha were very good, although all the staff were excellent.
The hotel is set in really beautiful grounds with thousands of plants, you see loads of gardners every day and they do an amazing job.
The standard rooms are of a high standard, it is peaceful, right on the beach, rooms clean, food good and not expensive for a hotel.
The location is perfect, right on the beach and only 5 mins walk down. the beach ( which is well used ) to Fishermans Village. Next to the hotel front and back are various bars and restaurants, mainly you can eat on the beach which is a really romantic setting.
We looked at plenty of other hotels while we were there that we had considered beforehand but we definately made the right choice. Everyone we spoke to loved the place too. If we ever go back to Koh Samui I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a romantic holiday stay here
1 Thank citygirl500
London
Reviewed 23 April 2011

This place was as great (if not better) than the reviews suggested. We can vouch that the staff are really polite and great. The rooms are immaculate, breakfast is great, the pool is nice and the beach is great.

Key tips: we followed advice of using peace spa - it was cheaper as suggested.
We use the travel agents down the road (take left out hotel and just after the super market on the left) and did the VIP tour of national marine park, amazing recommend it.

Nice restaurants were: Dining on the rocks, Farmers Restraurant and Krua. We got good deals on taxi from restaurant, who gave disount if you paid cash.

Hope we can do it again. :)

2 Thank bbmusta
zagreb
Reviewed 22 April 2011

The hotel was ok, but just not special. the rooms are nice, but the other facilities are just average. two restaurants with average boring food, pool not huge. its on the beach, but so are a large number of other hotels here. the kids activities advertised sometimes just didnt happen and the average spoken english of the staff was pretty bad so communication was difficult.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The best 2 weeks of my life (so far)! The hotel reception is stunning, the staff are so friendly and helpful, the rooms are enormous, and stylishly furnished. The hotel is right on the nicest beach on the island, a far cry from the slightly seedy Chaweng. Fishermans' Village, about 10 minutes walk from the hotel, has enough good restaurants to satisfy anyone. The green chicken curry at the Starfish was probably the best meal I have ever eaten! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AOL8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Poppies Samui
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#5 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Bo Phut Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!