“a slice of paradise”

Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful seven night stay at the Boput Hotel and Spa. The staff at this hotel make you feel like your the only guests. We were welcomed with a garland of orchids, a local iced drink and cold flannels. We were swiftly checked in and shown to our room, which was beautiful (de-luxe) garden room, very spacious, upmarket and spotless. The view from the room was so calm and tranquil, over-looking the beautiful gardens and pond. Eak and his team made us very welcome on our first morning during breakfast, which was a delicious buffet and live cooking.

All the staff are a credit to this hotel, from the ladies who give your room a turn down service at night - i.e. prepare your bed, cover it in petals, leave chocolates, close the curtains, leave bottled water and fruit. Place slippers and mats at either end of the bed and light candles to keep the mosquitos at bay - sheer luxury! We ate most nights at the Thai Salsa restaurant on the premises, which was such good value and first class dining.

The boys who were in charge of the sun-beds were very attentative also, asking if you wanted a drink fetching from the bar and moving your parasols if required. I can't praise the staff enough. On our departure, we were given a farewell drink, when our taxi arrived which belonged to the hotel, the staff came and waved us off, which I thought was a beautiful gesture and I have to say left me with a tear in my eye. Thank-you Bo Phut Resort and Spa, for a wonderful relaxing holiday, you should all be very proud of yourselves!

Room Tip: they all looked to be good rooms
6  Thank mini1962

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel whilst we got married in Koh Samui. It is a beautifully kept boutique hotel with levels of service second to none. We had a number of our wedding party also staying here with us and they made everyone very welcome. The manager is particularly accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are comfortable, huge and spotlessly clean. The food in both restaurants is amazing - we particularly loved Sala. We will definitely return on our next trip to Samui - highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sexychica
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at The Bop-hut resort and spa in Samui which I cannot fault and were sorry we could not stay a little longer. It was fantastic! The staff are polite,corteous, helpful,beautifully dressed.

Our very large room was on the 2nd floor as requested with a view of the sea and the beautiful gardens. We had a lovely terrace/ balcony with a large jacuzzi bath on it,table chairs and large lounger. Walking through the garden to breakfast , was lovely, so fragrant from all the beautiful flowers.very attractive with ponds and water lilies. There was a good choice at breakfast,more than enough to choose from.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The pool area was lovely,very relaxing. The beach beds were comfortable. The location was excellent.
My husband and I decided to try out the spa whilst there, although more expensive than the massages that are offered on the beach and in the town,it was definitely worth it, it was a truly relaxing experience that I did not want to end,just like our stay at Bophut. Would I return again? Most definitely

Thank you Bophut resort and spa for the lovely experience!

Room Tip: We had a room on third floor ,nice views and lovely private terrace
4  Thank suzanne6255
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We arrived at the resort quite early as we had stayed overnight at Bangkok Airport, so our room was not ready but we were shown directly to the beach front restaurant and given refreshments.
After half an hour or so were escorted to our room and shown around.
Our week proceeded with excellent food at both restaurants and superb service from Eak and his team. This is a place to relax and that we did by the beach and pool.
Fishermans Village was 300 metres via the beach or slightly longer by the road walk. Lots has been written about the Friday evening market which we enjoyed for what it was. Plenty to see and every opportunity to eat local fresh food from stalls along the way. We did not feel threatened by the crowds or pushed to buy anything. As a matter of interest the seafront restaurants, which were busy and served good food were on a par cost wise with the hotel.
All too soon our week was over and we were heading back to UK via Bangkok again.
Final thoughts excellent hotel, beautiful grounds and highly motivated staff from the managers to the gardeners. Would like to come again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main resort hotel rooms which were completely adequate.
7  Thank 3Ian
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Fabulous experience. We had a villa set one back from the beach. Very spacious. Right near the pool. The staff are just so helpful. I read all the negative reviews before I went and some of them were scary, but apart from the somewhat antique televisions (which when you are at such a hotel should not matter in the slightest) I didn't see any of the issues reported. Staff were so attentive and happy the whole time. Nothing too much trouble. I am a swimmer for exercise and the pool IS BIG ENOUGH. It takes about 10 minutes to walk east to Fisherman's Village with loads of great bars and restaurants, but I particularly loved Churrasco Steak House on the main road just east of the hotel. The steaks were awesome and they even had my favourite Weihenstephaner Wheat Beer.

3  Thank Tall_Uncle
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I travel. A lot. More than half the year away from home on business, so when I do get a break, I pick my escape carefully. I look for an oasis, a calming balm of luxury and peace in the eye of the imperfect storm that is my life. Bo Phut Resort and Spa has been my zen harbor for the past 7 years. Why do I keep coming back? How many angels boogie on the head of your pin? The staff is one reason. Even by Thai standards they are superb. Attentive, intuitive and sensitive. Never intrusive. No request too petty, no chance missed to keep delighting. Example, airport pickup. In all these years, have never had to wait for the transfer. Whisked away is what happens; a cool towel to the forehead and a chilled drink as you are rescued from the heaving masses and driven to shelter. Example: The property. Flowing, graceful. A silk sarong crafted in teak, water and flowers. Walk from your room to the beach along a winding, magical Thai forest, exquisite flower petals underfoot. When were you last smitten by the shear beauty of nature? And then in a hotel? It happens here every day. Dropping down now a notch, and on to the more mundane yet equally important: The resort is small, I prefer to say bijoux. And it is mature. Not in age, nor in clientele, but in attitude. It bests suits those internally developed, not seeking external thrills. Do not look for the climbing wall, the wave machine or skydiving simulator. Enjoy instead the inner peace this resort cultivates by delving into a book or rediscovering the beauty of your partner. It is located within a short beach walk of Fisherman's Village, a thriving settlement of shops, restaurants and bars. Close enough to reality and yet not affected by it. And this, now I think about it, sums it all up best: Bophut Resort is a dream that for a few weeks a year, I get to live.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms, it's the journey inside that counts.
4  Thank Bettie1
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for 4D 3N at this resort. Beautiful landscaping though not the best I've seen. Cosy and intimate environment. Having said that, please be mindful of the close proximity of the villas from each other. Being a member of the Small, Luxury Hotel, I find the place not so much of a luxury but definitely small. It definitely makes going from place to place easier. But it also fails to mesmerise cause everywhere seems cramp and tight. DIrectional signs are lacking and I find myself walking to others' balconies or doorways very frequently. Little paths run here and there then when you look up wow that's someone's villa!

Very unfortunately, the air conditioning broke down everyday while we were there. The engineers had to come in and repair it every afternoon. On the second repair, we were told to not change the temperature (23 degrees) nor the fan speed (high). We lasted a day like this and by the next noon, it broke down again.

The toilet door had a very peculiar design where the bottom part is left hanging (like those salon bar type doors). And right outside the toilet is the dressing table. The luxury factor is so much diminished by the strange layout and the small and tight designs. Felt a bit like trying too hard to make it to luxury level.

Front desk was quite cold and her smile rather forceful. 2 restaurants on property but Sala Thai opens only at night. The dishes offered at L'Ocean is so limited. Breakfast served is also limited in choice and really gives the feeling of trying too hard to please. The view is spectacular though. And the rest of the staff are great, courteous and genuine in their smiles.

As the L'Ocean is an open concept restaurant, there are constantly lots of flies around. Very annoying and disturbing for a meal. Housekeeping took ages. I called at 8 for housekeeping and by 915 no one was here. I made a second call and then they came. On last day, housekeeper asked if we were checking out at noon and once that was confirmed, she proceeded to fold the soiled towels in the bath tub and placed them back on the rack as though they had been changed. I do understand that her idea was that we would be checking out in 2 hrs' time so towels need not be changed but we had to shower before leaving and it was disgusting to use soiled towels. Besides, it's clearly stated that towels placed in the bathtub would be changed. Now I am starting to wonder how many times did they do that. Fold the used towels and placed them on the rack again, making it seem like new ones.

TV set is not LCD type. Bulky and hard to pull out. Angle is awkward so that when you are seated on the day bed, you basically can only see a fraction of the tv. It's not meant for you to watch when seated on the day bed. Mosquito netting was tied to bed and had a lot of gaps. My partner and I were bitten by mosquitoes despite having the mosquito coil on all night.

This could be a good resort for those who like to stay close and large families. Not quite for the modern and hip kind of younger crowds. The design, and choice of colours of the resort also reflect a more traditional concept. Next door the Hansar is more for younger guests. We had two drinks there and loved the music, mood and the overall design of the resort.

The swimming pool is also much much smaller than usual resorts I've been to and it can be quite difficult to swim given the number of people in the pool. Same with the sun chairs. Too many guests, too close to each other and you are never going to be able to get a good once unless you get there real early and skip breakfast along the way.

The spa is somewhat ok. The steam room had weird sounds coming from the pipes underneath and sounds like someone having a bad diarrhea. The shower is away from the jacuzzi so it's weird to be dripping foam all over and crossing over to another room to wash down. The massuers are too open in my concept. The previous spas I went, when the guests stand up, the massuers will hold up huge cloths and avoid looking at the guests directly. The masseur in this sense just stared at you straight while you get up and walk yourself to the showers. It's quite awkward even as a woman with a female massuer. I find this very lacking in privacy. And the treatment room had a eye hole on the door for people outside to look in. That is so scary and such an invasion of privacy. I mean sometimes other guests may be looking for their rooms and just peek in and you can see everything in the room. The massuer can use that to look in and see if any help is required but at the same time it's so invasive. I am very uncomfortable with this design. There has to be better ways to check on guests other than this.

Room Tip: They only have 2 beachfront villas.
10  Thank Ms_1226
BoPhutResortNSpaTeam, Director of Sales at Bo Phut Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Value Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Bo Phut Resort & Spa. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Bo Phut Resort & Spa, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

The Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Poppies Samui
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#3 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Bo Phut Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!