Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Peace Resort(Bophut)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
1,721 results
All reviewsgarden villathai restaurantfisherman's villagejet lag massageocean restaurantour honeymoonflower garlandskoh samuilily pondoutdoor jacuzzicold towelsdim sumturn down servicefresh fruitwalk along the beachpool staffcoarse sand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our first trip to Thailand and it won't be the last. Arrived at the Bo Phut Resort for a ten day family holiday after four days in Bangkok. This is a beautiful hotel with high design standards. Quality is obvious. The two Garden Villas we stayed in were exceptionally well fitted with large beds and spacious bathroom and showers. The attention to detail is everywhere from the lemon grass oil burners in the bathroom to the chilled, scented, poolside face cloths and the orchid with the toothpicks. The gardens are beautiful, offering jungle style fauna that shields and hides little paths to your villa. Great privacy. The staff are wonderful with a gentle, warm attitude that is really refreshing and goes beyond what we have experienced before. Food at the Bo Phut is excellent and they operate two restaurants in Fisherman's Village, a very short walk along the beach. Two of our best meals were in Bo Phut Resort and their beach side restaurant in Fisherman's. Breakfast is a real delight with a huge choice and superb location to eat. I miss my Planter's Punch served on the beach and I miss the Bo Phut Resort sitting here in my office in Edinburgh. I could go on and on about Bo Phut Resort but hopefully you get the gist. I'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in two Garden Villas which were excellent. Spacious, well fitted and quality design.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Glen B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed in the bophut resort and spa for 10 days... It really is an amazing hotel and the attention to detail is superb...

The prices as well at the bars and restaurant were very reasonable and this allowed for us to eat lunch by the pool good few days as well as have drinks before and after dinner...

The location is fab and only 5 mins walk along the beach to the fishermans village - however there is no walk way so if you dont want the sand you have to walk the road way which can take longer

We opted for the garden villa which was great and the level of housekeeping twice daily was fantastic

Like most hotels in this area it is relatively small and we found it very quiet at night but the fisherman's village had more going on and then chaewang is completely jumping --- made for one or two fun nights out...

Would recommend this hotel and area to anyone ---- just make sure n bring a very good insect repellent ha ha

thanks Bophut for a fab holiday and we will definately be back x

Room Tip: go for the garden villa as it gives the proper Thai experience x
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was an incredible hotel within walking distance to fisherman's village (great on the beach, authentic dining and shopping). It's not the luxury of the rooms that make me want to go back, it's the outstanding service. Every time we came back to the rooms, it was freshened, cleaned, organized-- so refreshing! I also loved that every morning we had breakfast on the beach. I truly can't imagine staying anywhere else when visiting Ko Samui!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparkling Water... C
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Absolutely wonderful relaxing hotel - highly recommended. We had a garden villa room - huge and a fabulous bathroom. I believe all the rooms are great. Lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds to choose from - all in great positions. Breakfast really good - overlooking the beach. Plenty of choice of breakfast foods and lots of attention from the staff both at the restaurant and by the pool. Eak and Nat were particularly helpful throughout our stay.

Many thanks to all the staff who helped when my husband fainted in the restaurant one evening - they were really concerned and had called an ambulance before I had even got across to reach him. However, just a faint (heatstroke probably) and no action required but I wanted to say how good and fast the staff were at looking after him.

The Fisherman's village is lovely and about a ten minute walk from the hotel (you can get there quicker walking along the beach but I struggled to walk in the sand and didn't want to wreck my shoes when going out at night). Lots of bars and restaurants to choose from and we particularly liked The Shack (wonderful scallop starter).

We made use of the hotel's free half day drive around the top of the island - a lovely complimentary way of seeing the interesting tourist points.

The bar in the hotel restaurant was open late because we were there when the world cup was on, but I think it normally closes at 11.00pm, however the mini bar in our room was very well stocked and very reasonably priced.

The room was kept spotless at all times and the turn-down service every evening was lovely.

We have been to Thailand three times to different places, but when we return it will be to the Bo Phut Resort & Spa definitely! Although children are welcome, I wouldn't recommend it because there isn't much for them to do, and because we were there as a couple, I welcomed the lack of children (only one or two throughout our fortnight and they were beautifully behaved).

It was my husband's birthday while we were there and they presented him with a birthday cake by the pool, then a birthday message spelt out in flowers on our bed when we returned to the room that afternoon. Lovely touch!

Room Tip: Garden villas are lovely and have a private terrace, although ours was mostly in the shade. No need for a pool villa as I prefer the company of the other guests at the main pool which is very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AS_Manchester
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband, myself and 16 year old son stayed for 8 nights at the end of our 3 week tour of Thailand. Its a lovely hotel and I'd agree with most of the other reviews, however Ive been holidaying in the Middle East for the last 10 years and the 'service' didn't quite live up to that.

1. Arrived at 10pm and the young man who checked us in had quite poor English which meant it took nearly 20 mins and thats not what you want after a 13 hr flight , when shown to our villa [plunge pool type] he didn't tell us where to have breakfast or how the pool jets/lights work.

2. The meal in 'Sala' Thai restaurant was very average and not up to the food Id been eating for the previous 2 weeks, it was incredibly hot and we had to request the overhead fan to be turned on twice before it was and our waitress was quite surly after that even though I had asked VERY politely.

3. The 'Ocean' for breakfast also got very hot and we had to keep shooing flies away, I feel in this type of heat, the restaurant should be air-conditioned.

4. The pool constantly had a line of scum at the water height on the tiles, which the pool guys were constantly cleaning off each day, however 2 of my bikinis which had white in the pattern, stained and has not come out fully in the wash, now a nasty cream colour!

On a positive note,the waiting staff in Ocean were particularly good and a special mention must go to Nat, who was just lovely. Also our room attendant was great and I loved our little chats.

Overall I would recommend others to book, but to be aware of the above comments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family