“Stunning resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Saboey Resort and Villas
Ranked #43 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
“Stunning resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here from the 1st June 2012 until the 12th June. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the two ocean villas. The accommodation was certainly up to our standard. We found all of the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The location was great for us, we wanted somewhere quiet, close to a good swimming beach and within walking distance of restaurants. We ate at Ban thai down the road a couple of times, very affiordable delicious Thai. We spent quite a bit of time lazing around the pool which we mostly had to ourselves as it was the quiet time. We utilised happy hour at the bar most afternoons as the cocktails are half price between 5 and 7pm. We did the Thai cooking course which was great, if you're considering doing this do not eat lunch as it is a huge amount of food. My only criticism of this would be I would have liked to make curry pastes and do a bit more from scratch, rather than have everything pre prepared. The lunches are good value, particularly the Thai lunch specials they offer each day. Jon was a very good host and provided us with lots of ideas to make the most of our time on Samui. Saboey provided us with the perfect holiday and we will certainly return. I really can't understand the bad reviews, some people must be very hard to please I guess.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Tokiyala04

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I originally only booked saboey as its close to the airport with free airport transfers, and also close to the pier for going over to Koh panyang/Koh Tao so just wanted something not too expensive and nice to stay over in and I Luved it, I really wish I stayed here for a week...
The first stay we were upgraded for free to a pool villa, which was gorgeous... Very clean, luvly bed:) the 2nd stay we had what I booked the suite rooms in the main building this was also really nice!
The pool was so nice, and the sun loungers probably the comfiest I went on the whole 3 weeks away, they have great pool/waiter service, bringing over beers/food etc, the food was great aswell... The pool is right on the beach with gorgeous views! And your not far away from chaweng or bohput village for going out for food, drinks etc...I would def stay here for longer next time :)

Room Tip: The sea view villa suites looked really nice although I didn't stay in these :)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank missmerryweather87
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

This place was great, we were staying here in mid May 2012 as part of a wedding party and couldn't have been happier. Everyone smiled and was very friendly and even though we were a group of about 20 people PLUS all the others staying there at the time, all the staff remembered our room numbers etc so was very hassle free. Food was good and John the owner was a god send. Very good knowledge of the area and was always willing to go out of his way to help us out with where to go and how to get there.

One last thing, while we were staying there, a big storm hit one night and we had a leak in the roof of our room through no fault of the owners (they had had builders fix it but they obviously didnt do a great job :P) when we notified them (about 2am) they kindly rushed up to make sure none of our belongings had been damaged and cleaned up the mess, even offering to move us straight into another room then and there. We decided to wait until the morning to do it so first thing after we were up in the morning they were all very helpful in moving us to another room which had an awesome beach view.

Way to go Saboey! making what could've been a real mess into something really hassle free.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Like most of the hotels in Thailand, the rooms power only works when the key is on a slot ont he wal...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Aaron C
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

We got a beach villa on the weekend of 19 - 21 May 2012; excellent views of the ocean coupled with a wonderful room and experience. It was also a special trip for us as I proposed to my partner while staying at this property, and the hotel management went out of their way to set up a beach pavilion and complimentary dinner for us... very thoughtful and excellent service! (Unfortunately we couldn't use the beach pavilion as there was a storm incoming, but that's a story for another day)

The only downside to this property is that the beach isn't too clean and the sand is not powdery soft, but that's to be expected of any property along the Big Buddha beach stretch. The nearby town made renting a motorcycle and lunch pretty convenient though, and I highly recommend the family run restaurant on the opposite side of the street. A completely satisfying meal at 300 baht, and that's tourist prices.

Room Tip: The beach villas are excellent and have a better view in my opinion than the penthouse suites.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris_Ng_HB
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable week at Saboey. The very hospitable staff were ably led and encouraged by the obliging manager Jon Feaver. Our room was large and clean and the bed very comfortable.The breakfast was adequate, although not an extensive range. The facilities at the resort were very good, spa, pool, garden, bar and beach.
We found the location of the resort and villas to be very good, with a variety of restaurants and fine dining within either walking distance or short taxi trips. The glitz and bustle of Chaweng is only a10 minute taxi drive away from this peaceful resort. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon E
Epping, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed two weeks at the hotel. The villas are well set back from the road, so quiet. The staff are very friendly and attentive - I once left my key in the room and when I returned to the hotel the receptionist noticed me and gave it back to me without me even having to ask! There are good views across the Bophut bay. The villas are large and well maintained. Very comfortable but not 5 star luxury. I am visiting Samui again later this year and will return to the hotel.

Room Tip: All the villas are in nice quiet settings. Rooms in the main hotel building are closer to the road s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank John L
melbourne australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was a much quieter part of Koh Samui. It was away from the main beach areas.
Still lots of lots of great restaurants near by.
The resort itself was very relaxed and quiet, with a smallish infinity pool
Breakfast is not extensive but more than adequate
The bar food and service was great. and the staff were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: We had villa no 2 which was facing the beach and very private but close to the pool
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family