We arrived late at the hotel and there was a warm friendly welcome. We'd booked a mountain room and having looked at the bungalows we decided to upgrade.
We did spend one night in the mountain room which was pretty good. The room was really spacious. Lots of concrete and the wooden balcony railing (which was really loose) meant probably not the most kid friendly of hotels but it's not as of this place markets itself as a family hotel so no issue (just something to bear in mind)
We upgraded due to the low price difference and the bungalow was clean and very comfortable all week.
The resort itself is a lovely setting as you can tell from the pictures. The hill on which it is placed is sometimes a little too much in the heat but good exercise.
The pool and communal areas very nice. Staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
We ordered taxis,bikes, breakfast - all treated with swiftness and a smile.
There were some renovations going on throughout our stay - whilst no big deal and good for future travellers, the noise levels (whilst no way extreme) didn't suit the setting and therefore led us to spend our days away from the poolside.
Overall a very good stay in Samui. For the price I'd say this place is hard to beat. Way better than budget bungalows and a good shot at making cheaper accommodation feel like one of the big luxury resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore more of Koh Samui while staying at The Sundays Sanctuary Resort & Spa. Stay in your serene secret little home. See the island from different angles. We welcome you into our community just like our friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sundays Sanctuary Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sundays Tropical Hotel Koh Samui
- Sundays Tropical Hotel
- The Sundays Sanctuary Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut