“Great place to stay 2 Ladies from Sydney”

Como Resort Koh Samui
Ranked #154 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place to stay 2 Ladies from Sydney”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

My friend and I stayed at Como few weeks ago and we had most wonderful time here the owners are very obliging, we had two cabins that had acess by seperate door and our own chair, my friend had bit of trouble with her hot water heater but only thing can complain about. The pool was very clean and the beach kept clean as well, we were looking to relax and un wind and we surely did that under a cocoanut tree or in the hammock would highly recommend it we are going back

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarieY008

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
queensland
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed at Como resort for over a week and I have to say the staff go above and beyond their role. Our bungalows were immaculately maintained daily, even providing clean sheets & towels. The food was always superb, fresh and very inexpensive. The staff were always friendly and went out of there way to make sure everything was comfortable for us (even to the point of dropping us at the supermarket on there way to town). We have 3 children between the ages of 6-12 and they had a fantastic time staying at the resort. I would definately recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank megsygirl
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The place is cute, cheep and the atmosphere is peaceful. A nice hideaway for a couple, however the fact that the bungalows are hidden away in a quiet area sounds nice but unfortunately it is an easy target for thieves.

My photography bag containing $4000 au worth of camera equipment was stolen from our bungalow - we woke up in the morning to find a set of our keys and a pack of cigarettes missing. We found this strange but because we were happy in holiday mode we didn't think too much about it. That afternoon we returned from the beach to find my most valuable possession missing :-( the saddest part was loosing all the photographs on my camera; my partner’s blackberry was also stolen. It felt awful that someone entered our room and selectively took those items. We felt violated. A terrible start to our trip.

The staff at the resort were sympathetic and helpful. But unfortunately in these situations there is little you can do.

My advice is if you stay there - keep your valuables locked in the small save provided by the resort or keep them on you at all times.

It was a sad experience unfortunately.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miss_wawa
Engeland
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I loved this place over Xmas. It was exactly what we were looking for.. Romantic beach front location, cute little bungalow, all clean, given a choice of bungalow directly on beach or further back with TV. Very quiet. Hammocks. Breakfast service direct to our patio. (they did baked beans!) Ran by a Belgian and his wife, they couldn't do more for us.. even gave us a lift to Bo Phut up the road. I would totally recommend it to any couple who want some time in beautiful isolation.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 12 June 2008

The wesite looked great, pics were good, decent price.
Unfortunately when we got there the reality was totally different.
We booked a beachfront superior bungalow.
The small room had an overpowering smell of mothballs and mould, so much so that it gave me asthma.
The doona on the bed barely covered 2 people.
The door to the bungalow didnt close properly.
The swimming pool was so gross you couldnt see the bottom of it, there is no way I was going to swim in it!
The walk to the local restaurants and shops was definately not 2 minutes, more like 10 minutes.
We had intended on staying for 6 nights, we barely lasted one!
When we checked out and told the owners that we were unhappy and the room smelt, we were told that they had not had complaints before.
We manged to negotiate only a small discount off the price of the room.

• Liked — Dvd player in the room
  • Disliked — the smell in the room
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank MelbourneMuppet
Tornetrask
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Como Resort is a quite, serene and tranquil resort near he sea. It is ideal for couples with small children as it has children’s play area, shallow sandy beach and small swimming pool, but also for couples looking for a quit, relaxing place. I stayed in a standard overlooking ON the beach for approximately 1,600 baht/night. I had booked until 17th February but enjoyed it so much I decided to stay longer. The staff was always friendly and efficient and the manager was always there to provide good information. Food is very good also. An added bonus was the free internet service provided in the restaurant. They also provide a canoe free of charge. Being 20 minutes by car or motorbike from Chaweng, I hired a automatic scooter at the resort for 250 baht a day which was marvelous for getting around. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Como Resort and would highly recommend it for couples and particularly people with young children

• Liked — Our bungalow was 5 meters from the shore
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)