“A quiet oasis”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #20 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 7 nights at the Waterfront. We have stayed in Bophut before at the Bophut Resort and Spa which is a 5* hotel. However the Waterfront wins hands down.
It is a friendly, small hotel run by Robin and Sue, who have obviously travelled and stayed in many hotels and have used their experience to cover every comfort. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The general ambience is one of calm, quiet comfort with the bustle of Fishermans Wharf just outside the gate. PERFECT !!
My husband and I will certainly return and would not hesitate to recomend this hotel to anyone.

oooo before I forget the staff are amazing, sweet people so congratulations to all for a lovely hotel experience

1  Thank Angie E

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed here in March and had a fantastic time. The hotel is on the beach, the room was very comfortable and the staff were most helpful and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff and owners did all they could to ensure that we had all that we needed. The location next to Fisherman's Village was also superb.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We never write reviews but this year we felt we had to.it was our third stay at the waterfront and as always it was brilliant
We cannot fault this hotel or robin and sues wonderful hospitality and all their happy staff.looking forward to returning again
To this fantastic little hotel.thanks to robin sue and Michael
Rosie and Steve norwich

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

had a terrific time at the waterfront. lovely rooms with great sea view. wonderful location just a very short walk to the village life in Bophut. Terrific coffee and food. Staff all very nice.. Planning my next holiday here next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was my first visit to Koh Samui so I too was a bit shocked when I read a couple of the negative reviews for the Waterfront. At the time I was staying in the Lamai Wanta also in Koh Samui at Lamai. Having read a lot more of the reviews we decided to still move to this hotel. Please please read all the reviews not just the negative reviews. We were so glad that we did that we chose to still move to this resort and hotel. All of the rooms have a sea views. I was staying in no 5 next door to No 4 which actually has a bigger balcony and a sea view. Many of the guest here are repeat guests and I can certainly see why, I would come back again and I would certainly recommend this place to my friends.

On arrival we were offered a drink and not just fruit juice. I had a glass of wine and my husband enjoyed a bottle of beer. We travel a lot and you will not often get that offered to you, not even in your 4 or 5 star hotels. Our room was smaller than the previous hotel but so much nicer. Sue and Robin have though about everything. There is a mini bar, a choice of snacks, tea and coffee and drinking water is also provided. I like the fact that you have mugs in the rooms rather that a tiny cup and saucer. They even give you a choice of powdered milk or a carton in the fridge.

You might not like the colour of the tiles in the bathroom but they are spotlessly clean. The shower works well and the towels are clean. The toiletries they provide are soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, cotton buds and face cloths. The towels are replaced daily and they also give you blue towels to use on the beach or at the pool. There is also air freshener in the bathroom and a can of insect spray in the room. One other thing they also provide a torch, lighter and adaptor the room. We have been able to get these things at other hotels but they are normally only offered if requested. The welcome notes in the room are very detailed listing all the good restaurants. At reception they have books, magazines, games and DVDs.

The pool is small but is very nice and is never crowded. They also have a bar by the pool which I have been told stays open till the last person leaves. We tend to retire early and have not been kept awake by any noise. At our last hotel we had to change rooms because of the noise from our neighbour! This really is a good place to stay if you want a good nights sleep.

The beach is nice and quiet and I am pleased to say that there are no people disturbing you trying to get you to buy stuff. Another nice touch by this hotel is that they come round when it is at its hottest offering you a ice cool wet facecloth and a piece of fresh fruit! The sunbeds also all have foam topper making them extremely comfortable.

They even have a couple of push bikes that you can take out. We used them and cycled up to the Big Budda.

The breakfast was a choice of three cereals, fresh fruit, toast and a full cooked consisting of bacon, sausage, two eggs and a tomato. They will cook the eggs how you prefer and also offer porridge and a few other selections.

The Internet is also free here, it did not work well in the room we stayed in but was fine by the pool. They also offer a complimentary pick up to and from the airport which we used on our way home.

If you are not sure where to I would certainly come here rather than Lamai as it is all together a much nicer hotel much nicer surroundings. Please see my other reviews if you would like an opinion of a similar budget hotel in Lamai.

And finally I would just like to mention the staff and the owners who go out of their way to help and make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is about our seventh stay at this great little hotel.The owners,Sue and Robin, and all the staff never fail to make every minute of your stay special. This is a small, personal hotel, with everything you need for a relaxing break in paradise. Try it, you will not be disappointed. We will be making our eighth visit very soon.

Room Tip: Book the honeymoon suite, the view is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had a marvellous week's holiday in this idyllic, family run hotel. Robin and Sue were marvellous and thoughtful proprietors and their staff were delightful, helpful and courteous. The atmosphere is very relaxed and with the beautiful surroundings lends this to be a pleasure to stay in. The comfort in the rooms is outstanding and I look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Thai House Beach Resort
The Privilege Hotel Ezra Beach Club
Peace Resort
Peace Resort
#33 of 185 in Bophut

Been to The Waterfront? Share your experiences!