Have just got home after what we have worked out must be our eighth visit. I believe in an earlier review I said that we never go back to a place, so you can tell that it must have something! (Flying a total of 13k miles in economy each time is no joke). For us it is the ideal place to relax, both as a base, and with its position, bang on the beach at the quiet end of the Fishermans Village. The rooms are always spotless and are well maintained, as are the grounds. The staff, from the maintenance man, the cleaners to the girls in reception are always friendly and helpful. A recent review criticised the 'river' to the side of the hotel for being smelly and having mossies. Having spent two weeks there in close proximity to it, I can't say I noticed any smell, or mossies. ( I think I got bitten twice in all the time I was there). In any case it hasn't rained for months, and it's pretty dry) breakfasts are good, and pretty substantial, with lots of choice. Hot food is cooked to order, unlike many of the bigger hotels where it is left in hot trays.
It's not a 5* establishment! - it doesn't pretend to be. It is small, personal and it does what it says on the website. Ticks all the boxes for us, and the dozens of returning guests from all over the world. We always meet people who have been before, and in some cases we have even met them before.
Already looking forward to another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut