We have just returned from a fantastic Honeymoon to Thailand. The second part of our stay was spent on Ko Samui at the Waterfront Hotel in Bophut. We chose this hotel given the high ratings it receives on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.
The hotel is small and reasonably basic (it is NOT a luxury five star hotel) - however we found it to be clean, very comfortable and loved the luxurious touches - orchids left on our bed every day, really good breakfast included in the hotel price, cold flannels brought to us when it got hot round the pool etc.
The breakfast had a great choice and the food was always really good. Food was also available all day until early evening. We ate there most lunchtimes and found the quality to be high and the prices to be very reasonable.
The owners, Robin and Sue were so friendly and went out of there way to make sure that all the guests were well looked after. The other staff were also really friendly and pleasant and were helpful in arranging trips for us.
Given that the hotel is small, it felt very intimate and we got to know several of the other guests fairly well, which was really nice.
We spent Christmas day at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Sue and the staff had gone to a lot of effort - we got a small christmas gift in the morning, were served bucks fizz and then had a full sit-down turkey Christmas lunch (which tasted really good!). The rest of Christmas was spent drinking with the other hotel guests well into the evening. We had a fantastic time.
Bophut is a really nice place to stay. The beach isn't the best on the island and for that, we went to Chaweng. However, Bophut has managed to maintain some charm and has not been over-developed. The restaurants are very good and the resort has a quiet, romantic atmosphere.
We intend to return to Thailand to travel round this beautiful country some more and would hope to drop back in at the Waterfront!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut