All staff service was excellent and the owners and their son made everyone feel at home. We left our passports at another resort on Samui and a staff member kindly collected it for us that evening. Attention to detail was excellent and there was a great selection of books and DVDs. The grounds and rooms were kept extremely clean. The location was great, although when we stayed there was a small channel between the resort and the beach, which we understand is only temporary. The pool was clean and we thoroughly enjoyed swimming whilst looking out to the other islands. The view of Koh Pangnan wasn't great, due to the weather conditions (December), however this didn't bother us.
Breakfast was fantastic. I've been to Thailand several times and they were the best poached eggs I've ever had. Location is excellent and their is heaps of great restaurants within walking distance. Most are pricey compared to other islands, but this is Samui, and there wasn't many cheap Thai owned and run restaurants. Boats run to local islands, so it is a great place to go for a day trip or before/after going to Koh Tao/Koh Pangnan.
Rooms were small for price paid, but the attention to detail and service from staff made up for this. I would highly recommend The Waterfront to anyone (although I'm uncertain if there are ramps for wheelchairs) and would definitely stay there again if I return to Samui in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut