I felt I had to write a review about the Waterfront Boutique after seeing a couple of poor ratings - please don't believe these. My husband and I stayed in this hotel last September on our honeymoon. After a long journey and a tiring stay in Bangkok, the warm welcome we received by Robin and his son Michael was just what we needed. Michael picked us up from the airport and took us on a trip around the local village, showing us the best places to eat, and Robin gave us a welcome drink and took our cases to the room.
Our room was a good size and was absolutely spotless. Robin and his wife Sue (who was in the UK when we visited) had thought of everything you could need, and if you needed anything else, you only had to ask. A lightbulb went in our bathroom and within 10 minutes of telling Robin, it was changed.
All of the bedrooms overlooked the sea and the island of Koh Phangan. We spent our days lazing on the sun beds on the sand, reading and listening to the sea. We did not swim in the sea due to the coral, but we were fully aware of this as it is stated on the hotel's website. Similarly, the pool is tiny and is not suitable for swimming, however, this was stated on the website. The pool did come in handy for cooling off on one of the many days we had fantastic weather. The lush gardens surrounding the hotel are very well maintained too.
The hotel is in a lovely location, just out of the way enough to be peaceful, but only a short walk up the road / beach if you want something extra.
We originally looked at staying at one of the more 'luxurious' (expensive) hotels for our honeymoon, but decided to stay at the Waterfront because of the fantastic reviews. We were both so pleased we'd made that decision, as we knew we couldn't possibly have received the same customer service as we did from Robin and the staff. Even whilst we were there, a couple went to another hotel to get married and stay for a few days - when they came back to visit friends who had stayed at the Waterfront, they said they wished they had not changed hotels.
We had lunch most days on the decking overlooking the sea. The staff were very friendly and the Thai food was gorgeous. We weren't big fans of the cooked English breakfasts, so had croissants and left space for lunch!
We had access to a computer with internet, shelves full of books and DVDs (for if it rained). A couple of evenings we had a drink in the hotel bar, which was very pleasant.
We ate out in the Bophut village every night and can recommend The Shack (for delicious steaks) and The Pier (ask for a table overlooking the sea). We also enjoyed cocktails in The Billabong Bar.
In all, the Waterfront Hotel was a lovely place to stay and was great value-for-money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut