Like a lot of peole we normally don't return to places we've been before - except here ! We were here 2 years ago and when planning our honeymoon agreed that this was where we wanted to spend it and we are glad we did.
We stayed in the fantasic honeymoon suite that has a massive lounge, large bedroom and large bathroom with double showers. The honeymoon room is also fantastic with great views out of the picture window.
The hotel has everything you could want .. good rooms, great staff; swimming pool with plenty of comfortable chairs - and it is large enough to cool down in (you don't want to swim lengths on holiday do you); hammocks in the shade or loads of sunbeds on the beach; the food is fantastic - best Thai in town - Beef in oyster sauce was my favourite and the bar is great - we met some great people having early evening drinks in the bar .... and when we got back late at night ! You don't pay a premium for drinks and food like you do in the 5 star hotels.
Robin and the team do a great job in looking after you. They sorted out a car hire for us - it was great to see the rest of the island - but fantastic to be back to the waterfront at night ! Bophut is by far the best resort on the island - loads of great restaurants and a few good bars. Waterfront is in a good location to walk into town - and we think the best place to stay.
Whilst we were there there were 4 other guests that had been there before - that must be saying something ! We will definately be going back again and would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut