As an earlier reviewer said "we don't go back to the same place twice" that was our mantra and it's a big world so why not go and explore some more of it, well we have explored a lot of it and when the time came to decide where our holidays would take us this year ideas of places not visited came up but each time were disregarded with "well, will it be as good as the Waterfront ", and so we found ourselves back for our third visit.
It is more akin to staying with friends (even for first time visitors) rather than an anonymous hotel.
Robin, Sue, Michael and their excellent staff, create a wonderful relaxed atmosphere, where everything is provided for and nothing seems to be any trouble.
It is excellent to meet some old friends amongst the guests and enjoy the company of some new friends which we certainly did yet again, and the guests are an eclectic mix, families with small children, young lads getting round the world, honeymooners, singles and couples and everyone rubs along nicely sharing tips on where they have eaten and trips taken etc.
The Waterfront is a gentle flat stroll into Fishermans Village with its wonderful array of restaurants and bars but if something more lively is required then it’s a short cab ride to Chaweng or better go local style in a cheap Songthaew.
I’m only writing this because the Waterfront deserves it but personally I’d rather tell no one about the place and keep it a secret amongst us lucky ones who have already found our little tropical paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut