We sadly must say goodbye to Koh Samui and Kanda Residences today.
We have 3 children aged 15,10 and 8 yrs and no one wants to leave! Given its hard to please a teenager I would say her reluctance to leave indicates how great a time we have had!
Kanda is luxurious and relaxing.We felt like we had the whole place to ourselves and will definitely be telling our Australian friends to travel here at this time of year(September school holidays). The weather has consistently been in the low 30's and rain has been minimal.
The resort is immaculate and the pools are well maintained( we saw others on the island that definitely were not!) the staff are friendly and always helpful.
Apples wellness centre pampered all of us with facials, massages, manicures etc! Even the children were appropriately included in the pampering by Apple and co.
We chose Thailand for its great food and at Kanda we were not disappointed. We had great fresh food amazing fresh juices and tropical fruits daily.
A few tips- I thought when we booked that washing machine facilities were included.when we arrived we realised not. We paid for laundering and then we discovered a back door into what we were told was for housekeeping. This room comes of the kitchen and was locked from within. In the room is the washing machine! So not sure why it was locked? Next time I will follow this up earlier.
Reading other people's reviews I note that others have struggled with the layout of the bedrooms.The children's wing is detached from the parents wing and isn't easily made secure. This was manageable by us as our children are not very young and we were able to obtain a spare key from reception that they used to secure their room with but if you have young children it is quite disconcerting. Beware, it seems to be a common resort type of layout as friends of ours moved resorts 3 times because they were not able to adjust to the complete separation from young children at night.
But, to end I must say what an amazing time we have had! Thank you Kanda!
The Cantwell family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally-located, elegant, ocean-facing, over-sized pool villa retreat. Five minutes from both Koh Samui International Airport and Chaweng Beach. Choose from One to Three bedroom villas with minimum size of 400 square metres. Grand living area, private swimming pool, outdoor terrace and Thai-style sala (pavilion).Home to "Rock Pool" the iconic beachfront restaurant. Asian Wellness Centre with certified Wat Po Thai Massage therapist, Reiki treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kanda Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karma Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Karma Samui Koh
- Kanda Residences Ko Samui/Bophut