“Honeymoon at Baan Bophut”

Baan Bophut Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We went to Baan Bophut for our honeymoon and had a great time. The owners and staff were always nice and helpful and whatever we asked for we got, no questions asked, weather it was help with booking tourist things like a tour around the island or just general questions or advise and tips on where to go and what to avoid.
Like this one night at the bar when I ordered a drink with bananas, and when there was no bananas Lucy hopped on a scooter to go get some at 7 eleven. I mentioned that I play guitar and they let me borrow one from the hotel. They really did go out of their way to make our stay as good as possible.

The beds are AMAZING and very hard to get out of, but even if you roll out of bed long after lunch they still make you breakfast. The breakfast itself was not amazing,( a croissant with jam and butter, a bowl of cereal, a fruit plate, freshly squeezed juice and coffee or tea) but it sufficed considering the weather was really hot and personally I'm not very fond of a big breakfast when it's hot. There is however the possibility to add eggs, bacon, toast etc at a very low cost so there is food for the hungry ones aswell.

The pool is kinda small but there's not that many rooms so it doesn't really get crowded in there and it's nice to swim in. Fot entertainment you can borrow DVDs from reception and there's a TV, a DVD-player in the room.
You also get fresh water every day since tap water isn't really drinkable anf there's a little minibar aswell,

The rooms are average sized with AC and the view in our room was great. We had a room facing the ocean and it was lovely with this little porch in the front.

Bophut village in general is probably not the best place to go if you're looking for a party place, it's pretty quiet with nice restaurants and little shops. But if you want to go someplace to relax then I recommend this.

In conclusion, we are very happy with our stay and Baan Boput is without a doubt the cosiest hotel we've every stayed at. It feels like a family and I'm glad we got to be a part of it for almost 2 weeks.

Thank you Lucy, Mai, Tic and the rest of you for a great vacation and a memorable honeymoon!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thereseah

Reviewed 28 September 2008

The rooms at the hotel are fab , lovely comfy big bed , great dark blinds, modern bathroom, very clean, great views directly over the beach. The only thing that tainted our stay was the building work going on directly next door, building work in thailand consists of work with small hand tools rather than big machinery. I worried at first as with the hotel being so small you can,t really get away from it, but it was'nt too bad and the lovely accomadation and wonderful fishermans village certainly made up for it . The location is wonderful as it is a very short walk into the center of the lovely quaint fishermans village, which has some amazing restaurants. If you want a livlier night out a taxi to Chaweng is not too costly at all. Nightlife along Chaweng beach is brilliant , We would have found staying in Chaweng too loud so the fishermans village was perfect for us, we are a couple who enjoys the lively nights but quiet too! Ask for a taxi to Arc bar which is very cool , there was also a fantastic chinese restaurant behind Arc bar where for 900 baht you could eat and drink all you like. Even with the building works I would reccomend the Baan Bophut . Thaiand is an amazing place with very beautiful people. Also make sure you visit Anthong park its close to get to if you stay in the fishermans village. We saw monkeys in the trees and a fantastic cave.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rach1978
Reviewed 23 September 2008

We have stayed in this hotel twice now for 2 months at a time so you can say WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
Where to start....the staff at the hotel are superb, they will go out of their way to help you and nothing is too much for them. We really made some good friends with the staff there!
The hotel itself is in the Village which has good bars and good quality restaurants but it is alot quieter than Chaweng.
The rooms are lovely decorated and have great seaviews. Food in the hotel itself is great aswell.
To go to Chaweng....where all the nightlife is you can get a taxi or walk to the mainroad and get a songtheaw ( local minibus). You pay 50 Baht each during the day 1 way and 100 bath when it gets dark. Although in the evening you might have to do some bargaining!

Would really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Muji007
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Have just spent a week at this hotel and I must say I have just had one of the most enjoyable holidays imaginable. The hotel is small and intimate and has everything you need. The rooms are well equipped, clean and comfortable with very comfortable beds and pillows. Wonderful views from the rooms over the sea. The staff were a dream, all so friendly and hard working and were always so happy to help. My niece and her husband were married at the hotel (on the beach), that was the purpose of my trip, and the day was perfect in every way. I will certainly go back to The Baan Bophut and would recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday. My thanks to John, Julie and EVERY member of the staff, you were all first class and I will see you again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonAJW
Reviewed 27 July 2008

My stay at the Baan Bophut was decent. The rooms are clean and nice, if a little barren feeling. The view from them however is gorgeous and you can sit right outside in two comfortable chairs, or in the lounge chairs closer to the water. The sand is not the best and the beach has some trash, but the view is still beautiful and you can’t really blame the beach on Baan. There is also a small pool area with a nice outside bar and restaurant but I didn’t eat during my stay. I wish that the door had a screen because it would have been really nice to leave it open while in the room.

The location is pretty far away from Chaweng. I didn’t realize it would be such a trek. Taxis are a little surly and want at least 200 baht each way to get to and from Bophut and it will take at least 15 minutes. There is not much advantage to staying near Bophut in my opinion except that it is a little less touristy than Chaweng. I didn’t see the beach at Chaweng however. Bophut is close to a couple attractions such as the Big Buddha and there are several restaurants right around the hotel and you are also pretty close to the airport and the Seatran pier.

Careful if you have to check out before 7:30am. Make sure you let the staff know as they don’t appear to main the desk until at least 7:30am. They are friendly however and will pick you up and take you to the airport if you request it. You can also rent a motorbike directly from the hotel for 250 baht.

If I come to Koh Samui again, I think I will investigate staying closer to the Chaweng side because being in Boput was too far way from the all the action.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank logic8482
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Spending 2 weeks in July at Baan Bophut was a fantastic experience. The hotel is relaxing, beautiful, has amazing views, a great pool and is spotlessly clean. It's also a great deal of fun. Thanks to all the staff I was looked after from the minute I stepped off the plane until I sadly had to go home. Special thanks go to Tik, Mai(great Mango Shakes), Julia and of course the fantastic owner Lucy!!! You can chill out here and you can have a great time at the beach hut bar with the other guests & Tik the irrepressible barman. See you all next year and I promise I'll bring Gill!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2008

We found it neccessary to stay here as our previous hotel was fully booked.We found this hotel very cold and it was quite empty.Although we loved the village there was not much of a welcome here.There was a very average breakfast and not much else.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple