“Thankyou villa tanamera! Without hesitation I would stay with u again. Thoroughy enjoyed it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Tanamera

Villa Tanamera
Ranked #50 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Friendly helpful staff, great location, very comfy bed and lounge, good sized rooms. We stayed in villa no 6 and loved it. Great lap pool, not too chlorinated. Generous amounts of bottled water supplied free. Gorgeous manicured garden with luscious grass by the pool, such luxury for tired feet. Walking distance to great food (eastern & western) & massage shops aplenty. Motorbike hire an added bonus. Shower water nice - at the Saboey it smelt metallic and made me smell. Overall a very comfortable rejuvinating experience. Free WiFi too, good speed & reliable. The road outside is noisy but the villa is well insulated and surprisingly peaceful. The manager Tan is very welcoming, helpful & attentive. I felt at home, it was an intimate, private setting for a well-earned holiday!

• Stayed May 2013
thairambler, General Manager at Villa Tanamera, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear trtouch,

thank you very much for your review, we are very proud of our gardeners effort in keeping the landscaping lush and adding that tropical feel to our resort. As for the pool, we switched to a new system last year which requires minimum use of chlorine as it uses minerals to keep the water clear and clean.
Hope to host you again in the future

best regards

Milos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We're two couples booked pool side villa and stayed for 4 nights. Both of us loved this peaceful villa. We felt like staying at home in Villa Tanamera. We enjoyed the breakfast by Tan, the manager, every morning. And every night we come back we saw staff still waiting at the gate. Though the beach outside is not as nice as Cha Weng, it's very quiet, like a private beach. Next time, we would choose Villa Tanamera as well.

Room Tip: Rent a car is necessary.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Balneario Camboriu, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is a place where you go to enjoy your family, friends and your time there! I mean, the hotel is not close to the downtown. You just have some bars and massages houses nearby. A good point is the the airport is close and the ferrys going and coming from Phanghan are close too. The hotel doesn offer many options further than the wi-fi and the swimingpool. The service is restrict as during the night the roomserice does not work and thats why you have your own stuff in the room to cook your food. On the beach, in front of the hotel, you have a place where you can enjoy a massage looking at the sea. If you want, you can rent a jet-ski... its nice to ski there, the water is so calm.

Room Tip: Take the bungalow in front of the beach!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Wandering Kiwi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I loved my stay at Villa Tanamera so much in June 2012 that I was back for another 3 weeks in Dec/Jan, and now it does truly feel like a second home. The first week (over New Year), I stayed solo in the studio. There was a little bit of street noise up there but I found keeping the kitchen window and bathroom door closed not only negated it but kept the mozzies out too. It's very spacious and comfortable and the view down across the pool to the beach is magical. A friend and her teenage son then arrived for two weeks and we relocated to the pool villa (still love the blue bathroom) and finally the beachfront. This must be one of the loveliest spots on the island for the price. The villa is enormous but we hardly left the gorgeous deck, perched above the sand among the palm trees. The wonderful staff were as welcoming and hardworking as before.

Just a couple of things to point out:
I witnessed the 'facecloth' incident mentioned below, mainly because I was in the studio above reception and could hear every word of abuse the woman who wrote it screeched at Tan, though I could not hear his response. I also saw the offending towel on the reception table later and it was completely covered in orange stains and irrevocably ruined. Tissues are always good when travelling with children I find. That and a respectful attitude to the locals. I don't think I have ever met a hotel employee who is as generous and warm with his assistance as Tan.

Milos - please get some new sunloungers!

Room Tip: I've stayed in them all now!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

We booked a studio at Villa Tanemera as a couple, the villas are two bed room so two large on arrival we were pleasantly surprised the studio was large with bedroom shower room and small kitchen with small fridge freezer . coffee maker ,kettle and cooker {not used{ the studio was spotless unlike a previous report there is a small bar across the street but there was no noise problems as the bar closed Early . The grounds are beautiful lush trees and a small gate leads right on to the beach

Tan the manager is on hand to help book trips, car or bike rental give advice on the general area we found him to be very helpful there is a young couple who look after the studio , villas , and keep the grounds immaculate i felt a little guilty laying on my sunbed as they worked so hard over all we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the studio for a single person or a couple bo put is a quite place but you can find the larger resorts not far away.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veronicaabbott0161
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Me and my family spent our 2012 Christmas here and it was Magical :) . We stayed in two Villas, first the Beach Front Villa and after Christmas we moved to the Pool Side Villa.
The hotel is cozy and tranquil. The entrance of the Hotel is right on the road but never did it get noisy, was always peaceful and relaxing. When you are getting a taxi tell the driver "Samui Mermaid" which is the hotel right next door which is a well known Hotel, this just makes it easier to get there (same goes if you are driving and using the GPS)

The Beach Front Villa was in all honesty Amazing! With beautiful beach views and decorated with a nice tropical feel I felt right at home. Waking up every morning and coming out to see the clear blue waters of Koh Samui right in our Living room was simply wonderful!

The Pool side Villa was a little smaller (also with a smaller price) however the bedrooms were extremely spacious! The furniture and decor as the same with all the villas was stylish and tropical to suit with the whole ambiance of the hotel.

In every villa comes a red folder with everything you need and want to know about Koh Samui, Mr Tan the manager was always willing to help answer any questions or help out with arranging trips.

The Staff were always so friendly! They worked hard and always asked politely to do our rooms when we were around. They even made up the sofa bed for me to sleep on so that I didnt have to share the double bed with my brother (in the beach front Villa).

Overall I had one of the best Christmas holiday and the hotel has a huge part to play in this.
I would recommend this place for friends, families and couples!
If I could I would go back whenever possible!

Please view my photos to get a better understanding of my holiday :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

What a lovely boutique hotel hidden along the road. Quiet paradise on the beach, the villas are spacious, clean and homely. Straight on the beach and close to the restaurants, airport and boat piers, its the perfect place to stay. The pool area is beautifully peaceful and the beach is 2 minutes away. Would recommend this to anyone and we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple