We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of January and felt very much at home there. We hadn't really planned our trip but Dave was so helpful and sat with us on our first night, writing out a whole itinerary for us, telling us the best things to do while we were there. We ended up going to beaches and bars that we never would have gone to otherwise and we had a great few days.
Our room was clean, nicely decorated and in all, good value. The pool was out of action while we were there but Dave had organised the hotel across the road to let us use theirs if we wanted.
If you are going to visit, I would definitely recommend being there on a Friday night as this is when the whole village turns into a Walking Street with market stalls selling everything from Crocodile Kebabs to fake watches. It's good fun and really busy,
The hotel has a tapas chef that comes in especially on Fridays so the place was heaving.
A good stay and would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes walk from the beach and perfectly located at the quiet end of the villages many shops and restaurants, Cocooning is a tranquil paradise and a great place to enjoy Samui from. Great value for money, the hotel is very competitively priced for the area and perfect for couples, families and singles of all ages. You will be guaranteed a warm welcome from Dave and Therese, the hotel's owners, who are by far the hotel's biggest asset. The dynamic duo from England and Sweden have lived in Thailand for over 10 years, offering a wealth of experience and local knowledge. They started their journey on Koh Tao where they met and worked in the diving industry, until they set up their first business together running a very successful beachside bar and restaurant. They were later married and looking for a new adventure with the imminent arrival of their first child, set their sights on Cocooning in 2012. They instantly added something special to the hotel and their little personal touches can be seen throughout. Service is most definitely with a smile and guests are made to feel instantly at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cocooning Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocooning Hotel And Tapas Bar
- Cocooning Hotel Tapas Bar
- Cocooning Hotel Koh Samui
- Cocooning Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut